Thursday, August 27, 2015

Grow

Hi,

Last night we finally got a steady downpour with no drama and that was good.  Chiang Rai had a beautiful day today.  The sky teased of rain, but it never happened.  

One line was all most of you needed to guess the ‘Zany One-Line Wednesday’ tune.  It’s considered a classic by some.  If you need more, here’s the rest of the first verse.  Don’t let the temptation of Google spoil it for you.
“If I have to beg, plead for your sympathy, I don’t mind ‘cause you mean that much to me.  __ __ __ __ __, sweet darlin’…”  Hint:  I just gave you one, but know this: The singer will do anything to keep her.  He has lost his pride.  It’s all there in the first verse.

We seemed to have turned a ‘proverbial’ corner with this flu thing.  It’s not done, but the fever part is basically over.  Residual sensations in the joints and skin, but temps are normal.  To say that fevers leave one weak would be an understatement.  There’s still other stuff, but we’re on the mend.  Let’s just say, I don’t like being sick and leave it at that.  Once I surrender to what really is, then I can be a patient, and be patient.  

This morning my phone rang around 6:30am.  Cat could not get the gate to open.  It’s a good thing we were up (555).  Anyway, something was wrong with the motor so I had to do the ‘brave’ thing and go outside and unlock the motor, which puts the gate on manual.  This evening the gate people came, discovered the problem, reset a breaker and all is well.  They tested everything and explained things to Cat, who explained it to me.  The service call was $10 plus a can of cookies.  We like to give cookies to the service people who come and do a good job.  It always brings a big smile.

Lisa and I went into town this morning to pick up some bread.  It was going to be a quick run, but then we remembered that Pawn was going to be working in our room.  Hmm, how to spend time in town without using too much energy.  We stopped at Work@Home and had tea.  As we were leaving we greeted Towan, who was working on the rally car he navigates for.  We have a connection with the car thing that is ‘understood’.  He is very serious about his rally life.  The car is a little Toyota that has been stripped of all unnecessary interior items.  He told me to ‘jump in’, but he really meant for me to climb in over the cage rollbar.  The racing seat fit like a glove and started my mind ‘racing’.  I’d like a seat like that in the van.  He explained all of the levers and things and then I noticed a case for a Go-Pro camera.  He said it was so the team could see why they laughed so much.  Funny guy.  They race through countrysides on single lane roads with only the directions they receive before starting.  He reads the turns to the driver, who goes as fast as he can while keeping the car on the road.  Oh yeah.

Today’s photo is the last one from our weekend on Koh Samui.  It was taken on the first night, at the beautiful Italian place we found.


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                Peace,
                          Danny  

“We don’t grow older,
we grow riper.”
~Pablo Picasso

No comments: