Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Truth

Hi,

The hot is getting hotter and that ends the weather report.  We had a busy morning doing those final things for our four day trip.  

Well, I guess a bunch of you had “I Heard It Through The Grapevine” rolling around in your heads.  The most successful version of the song was recorded by Marvin Gaye, who covered a great version by Gladys Knight & The Pips, and let’s not forget Creedence Clearwater’s 10 minute version.  Whew.  It’s time for a ‘Zany Day’ song.
“Uno, dos, one, two, tres, quatro.  Matty told Hatty, about a things she saw.  Had two big horns and a wooly jaw.
__ __, __ __, __ __, __ __, __.”  Hint: Truly zany, the two word title could be an animal or a dance. 

The little elephant has joined the herd and is now grazing in the lobby at Art Bridge.  There were about 8 when we arrived this morning, and when we went back in the afternoon, 10 more were there.  There were some that were very distinctive and reflected the style of the artists, while others were complete departures from what the artists usually do.  It’s going to be quite a collection when they’re all assembled.  There will be a catalogue of the elephants, and a presentation on March 20.  That will be a different kind of art exhibit for sure.

Today’s photo was taken this morning at Art Bridge.  It’s the view of the front window.  I’m sure it must have caused some curious second takes as motorists passed on the Super Highway.


This evening I went to the dentist.  When I stopped drinking coffee in December, tea became my warm companion.  I discovered a blend that I really liked and thought everything was fine.  Then I noticed that three of my lower teeth were turning brown.  Yuck!  Dr. Cheewan immediately told me it looked like a stain.  He polished my teeth and they’re nice and bright again.  As I left his office, I thought about how cool it was that we could call in the afternoon and see him the same day.  Driving home I noticed all of the ‘clinics’ with crowds of people waiting to see a doctor.  This is not an uncommon sight here.  Most of the doctors work in the hospitals by day, and have their own clinics at night.  It’s very convenient for those who work all day and can’t take time to wait all day at the hospital.  Based on what the doctors charge, it’s not about the money as much as helping people.

The suitcase is on the floor and it’s waiting for my clothes.  Time to start packing for the trip.  I’ll be writing to you from Chiang Mai for the next two days.  

Time for Wacky Wednesday.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

“From error to error,
one discovers the entire truth.”
~Sigmund Freud

No comments: