Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Change

Hi,

This morning the little elephant was declared finished.  We took him out on the lawn for a ‘walk’ and he seemed to like it.  (555)

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song really appears too easy.  Lots of correct answers on this one.  Here’s more:
“I know that a man ain’t supposed to cry, but these tears I can’t hold inside.  Losin’ you would end my life you see, ‘cause you mean that much to me.  You could have told me yourself that you love someone else, instead __ __ __ __ __ __ not much longer would you be mine…”  Clue:  This song has been used in several advertising campaigns.  In one of them, raisins were involved.  What? 

On our way to Makro we passed by Art Bridge.  In the front window were six little elephants, lined up with their backs to the highway.  I can’t wait to see all the variations on this ‘canvas’.  We still have a few more photos to take, but today you get to see the results of a month-long labor of love.  If you’d like to see more, write to me and I’ll send you more angles of our little friend.   



This evening we all went to Big C.  On our way, we stopped for gas, paid a bill, and got air in a tire.  The last part is where it gets interesting.  The free air machine has buttons that let you enter the pounds of air you want to put in the tire.  After you tell it that, it’s ready to pump.  When the pressure is reached it turns itself off.  Brilliant.  While Blue and I got gas, Lisa and Cat went to 7-11 and paid the power bill.  I still marvel at how simple some things have become.

We don’t usually shop at Big C at night so we were surprised at how full the parking lot was, and how many folks were in the building.  It makes sense that many people only have the evening to shop.  We’re used to morning shopping.  There are some things that seem to be universal.  Having racks of candy by the checkout stand is one of those things.  As we were putting things on the belt, Cat asked if she could have some M&Ms.  I rest my case.  

Tomorrow we will begin preparations for our trip.  You know, what clothes to take for 4 days, and also what food to take.  I have been doing much better as far as my comfort level, and it’s mainly due to my diet.  We’ll be taking our custom made food with us, and working out some creative alternatives while in the hotel.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“Change is never easy. 
You fight to hold on, 
you fight to let go.”
~The Wonder Years

No comments: