Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Lead


Hi,

Chiang Rai is having moderate temperatures these days, due to the thin clouds that hover above.  Today was in the low 70s.  

It’s looking like ‘Easy Monday’ may be a bust.  I guess too much football can dull the memory (555).  I did get one correct answer so I know more of you may get it.  “I’m not the kind to use a pencil or rule, I’m handy with love and I’m no fool.  I fix broken hearts, I know that I truly can.  If your broken heart should need repair, then I’m the man to see.  I whisper sweet things, you tell all your friends, they’ll come running to me…”  Hint:  If some of the lyrics seem different than the version you know, it’s because these are the original words.  The title is someone who obviously does repairs, of a sort.  Hmm.

Last night I thought the music from the river was over, but just after I wrote to you, they started up again.  Blue and I are still very curious as to how many people are there and how many are actually standing in front of the bands.  It will remain a mystery unless someone goes and reports back to us.  We did hear that the festivities at the old airport were great and that we should have gone.  Oh well, maybe next year. 

Apparently, when the young man was setting up my computer, he missed something in the language set-up.  Most of my new laptop is in English, but the utility for migrating from the old machine to the new is in Thai.  Imagine my surprise when it opened the program and told me to click ‘continue’, only to be stopped because what followed was all in Thai. So, this morning, after a brief stop at Big C, we went back to the mall to the Apple Store.   They worked on it, called tech support, but it’s still in Thai.  I think I have a couple of ways to work around it.  Just one of those things that makes living in another country ‘interesting’.  

Today’s photo from our yard shows ‘Twin Orchids’ that are blooming outside of Boot’s door in the rear of the house.  


One of the benefits of buying fresh food from the same vendor is the knowledge that they share.  For instance, the fruit lady will tell us when a season changes.  She had some Dragon Fruit but it was the ‘White’ kind, which is not as sweet as the ‘Pink’.  She told us that the pink would not be out for another month.  Hmm.  The same holds true with some of the vegetables.  Slowly, we’re learning these ‘other seasons’ that locals seem to grow up knowing.  Life here is always presenting something new to know or learn.  We also see something new and/or different almost every day.  Today Blue and I saw two people on a motorbike, with a Husky sitting on the floorboard.  His head was sticking out on one side and his tail was waving on the other.  Amazing.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“To lead people,
walk behind them.”
~Lao Tzu

No comments: