Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Life

Hi,

One word to describe the weather today would be ‘Murky’.  It’s cloudy with a strange haze mixed in, and it stinks.  This usually doesn’t begin until late in the month or early March.  Turn up the air filter.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “You Are The Sunshine Of My Life” by Stevie Wonder.  ‘Zany Day’ is next.
“I met her in a club down in old Soho, where you drink champagne and it taste just like cherry cola, c-o-l-a cola.
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance, I asked her name and in a dark brown voice she said, ‘__’, __-__-__- __, __….”  Hint:  The title is one word, and it’s a name.  Kind of a kinky song.

When we first heard about Boot needing surgery, she thought it would be today, but she went to the hospital this morning and this afternoon they told her it would be tomorrow and she must stay overnight.  She thinks she might be home on Friday, but I suspect it will be Saturday.  Life around here is very different without Boot.  Lisa is doing the cooking, which is rather involved, and I’m doing what I can to take up the slack.  Cat helps in the evenings, and we’re all trying to do those little things that we normally don’t have to do.  Duin is still with Boot at the hospital so there will be minimal house cleaning until she returns.  

Tomorrow evening we will attend an art opening at 9 Art Gallery.  Saturday there is an open house for a new project called Dark Star Community & Studio.  It’s a building that will be a center for workshops and classes in various artistic genres and there is also a photography studio/gallery run by the Chiang Rai Photography Club.  Later in the month there’s another opening at NorThai, featuring local artists.  This month is filled with art events.  There will also be the unveiling of the little elephant project in early March.  Exciting times for the community.

I couldn’t resist taking a picture in the fruit section at Makro.  It took me a minute to realize what I was seeing.


I totally get it.  I can’t read Thai and whoever was packing the grapes couldn’t read English.  Grapes are grapes.

This afternoon I finally unpacked the keyboard controller I bought several months ago.  I plugged it into my laptop, opened Garage Band, and started hearing music from my computer.  This hasn’t happened in a very long time.  Now I have a lot to learn, but I already have the seed of an idea.  I’d better get back to it before it floats away (555).

It’s time for Wacky Wednesday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“To be able to look back on one’s life
with satisfaction, is to live twice.”
Kahlil Gibran

No comments: