Monday, January 5, 2015

Pretend

Hi,

Today’s message comes from a very distracted writer.  This morning I am celebrating 25 years of Recovery.  The celebration will go on for a week in some form or fashion (555).   Oh, and it’s still cold here.

The ‘Old School Friday’ song was “It’s All Right” by Curtis Mayfield and The Impressions.  What a voice.  It’s ‘Easy Monday’ time again.  Do you know this song?  “__ __ __ at the way you love me all the time, maybe I’m afraid of the way I love you.  __ __ __ at the way you pulled me out of time, and hung me on a line, __ __ __ at the way I really need you.”  Hint:  Sung by a guy who used to sing with a famous band.  Maybe you know him (555).

We had a great weekend meeting with friends and sharing meals.  I have been reflecting on just how long we have known some of our friends, and it’s a very long time.  That’s pretty cool, given that we live so far away.  I never imagined I’d have friends in so many parts of the world, not to mention so many in the states.  Hmm.

The last week in America (sounds dramatic) and that means it's time to send the boxes of necessities back to Thailand.  It takes about three weeks for things to arrive, so if we mail today, we only have to wait two weeks.  I just love these higher mathematics.  

Yesterday we had to take Lisa’s laptop to the Apple store.  They may have fixed the crashing problem, but now it’s like having a new machine and all the buggy things that come with that.  Sometimes we forget that H.A.L. is still alive and well.  

August starts back to school today so last night we hung out.  I had never played ‘Taboo’ before.  Hmm, it was fun playing it with C-Bass, August, and Lisa. 

Today’s photo is from Thailand.  The sign speaks for itself.  


Have a Great Week.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

“Never forget, you have just as much right
to pretend to be normal as everyone else.”
~Unknown

No comments: