Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Funnies

Hi,

I knew the warming trend was too good to be true.  Thursday was a little cooler, as predicted.  Oh well, it’s raining in Chiang Rai.  I’ll just have to wait a bit for some perfect weather.

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song was “Express Yourself” by Charles Wright and The Watts 103rd Street Rhythm Band.  You should have known.  On to ‘Old School Friday’ and a song from early 1962.  “Nothing you can say can tear me away from __ __.  Nothing you could do, ‘cause I’m stuck like glue to __ __.  I’m sticking to my guy like a stamp to a letter, like birds of a feather we stick together.  I can tell you from the start, I can’t be torn apart from __ __.  Hint:  This female singer from the motor-city pool is singing about her boyfriend, in a possessive manner.

The search continues for ‘cheap thrills’ on this new diet regimen.  There is a plant called Stevia that makes things sweet, and it’s not sugar.  A few days ago I discovered a liquid form in flavors.  I’ll be taking a collection of flavors back to Thailand.  Water with the faint taste of Vanilla Creme, Watermelon, or Root Beer will help big time.  Lisa is also getting creative with some recipe ideas to make boring things taste good.  There is light at the end of the tunnel.

We had lunch with our friend Irene, who came and stayed with us in Thailand.  It was fun catching up and filling her in on the people and places she remembered.  Later we stopped by Emerald Thai and had a very warm visit with Khun Nid.  We’ve been friends with him since before we went to Thailand in 2001.  In fact, he taught us our first Thai words.  In the evening I spent some time with my good friend Michael and that was very cool.  It was a good day.

As usual, my reflections on our visit include the things I will miss.  One thing that comes to mind has to do with driving.  Even with the massive numbers of cars on the road, I’m still impressed with the order and politeness at four-way stops.  Drivers here respect (usually) the order of arrival and give the right of way to the car to their right.  Such a dramatic difference from the way it is at home.  Pedestrians also get a lot more respect.  We were told in the beginning, that pedestrians have no right of way in Thailand.  Look both ways and around the corner before stepping off the curb.  Hmm.

We leave on Sunday night so the Monday message with either be early, or very late.  When we arrive in Taipei it will be Tuesday in America.  Hmm, maybe I’ll send it early just for good measure.  At any rate, I’ll be over the international dateline at about the time I should send it.  

Our photo of the day is a sign that explains a lot of things.  


Well, see you sometime next week (555)

Have a Wonderfull WeekEnd.     Time for the ‘Funnies’, sent in by our friend Alan.

           Peace,
                     Danny


No comments: