Thursday, January 1, 2015

Friday Funnies

Hi,

In case you hadn’t noticed, it’s still cold here in California.  In fact, it’s cold in a lot of places in this country.  In Thailand the high is 79 F, which is more to my liking.  

To my relief, more readers wrote back with the answer to the ‘Zany Day’ song.  “All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth.”  That’s gotta be one of the longest titles ever.  Time for ‘Old School Friday’.  Remember?
“We’re gonna move it slow, when the lights are low.  When you move it slow, it sounds like more, and __ __ __, whoa, __ __ __.  Now listen to the beat, kinda pat your feet.  You got soul, and everybody knows, that __ __ __, whoa, __ __ __.”  Clue:  I hope this makes an impression on you.  If it doesn’t, it’s all right anyway.

New Years Day started with the parade, of course.  We left before it was over and drove out to be with my mom.  Another tradition that we’ve been able to maintain.  We had a great time talking about lots of life things, having breakfast, and glancing at the floats from time to time.  Later we drove down to Alhambra to visit with our friend Deb.  I think we covered everything from deep discussion to silly laughter.  It was a great time.

I’m happy to say that it’s been three weeks today and I’ve had only one ‘episode’ with my stomach pain thing.  We have figured out what and where to eat and it has made this visit much easier.  Waiters still get interviewed about the food, orders get altered, but I get what I need.  The big trick will be when we return to Thailand.  Not so many Italian restaurants in Chiang Rai.  It’s not a major deal since we mostly eat at home.

On New Years Eve we were watching the news coverage of the people sitting out on Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena.  A bubbly crew from Honda came down the street, passing out blankets to the revelers.  While it’s nice that they offered warmth to the parade goers, it made us think how great it would be if someone did the same for the homeless.

Today’s photo was sent to me by Blue.  It’s one of those things you don’t see often, but it happened and somebody got the pic.  I counted 7 people on this motorbike.


It just occurred to me that I totally missed the Rose Bowl game.  Haven’t seen much college football in Thailand so it’s not like I had a favorite team, but I like the game.  Oh well, we do get reruns.  (555)

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.     It’s time for the ‘Funnies’.

                    Peace,
                              Danny


No comments: