Thursday, January 1, 2015

Never

Hi,

It’s late on New Years Eve and it’s 46 degrees and dropping.  According to the weather numbers, the low in Chiang Rai will be the same as the high tomorrow in Culver City.  Not very prepared for this, but we’re managing.

Well, as the new year begins only one person knows this song.  Some of you are old enough to remember.
“It seems so long since I could say, ‘Sister Susie sitting on a thistle.’  Gosh oh gee, how happy I’d be, If I could only whistle (thhhh, thhhh).  __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __…”  Hint:  It has to do with something one needs to bite into an apple.  Hmm.

On the last day of 2014 we went to Marina Del Rey, saw boats briefly, ate a healthy lunch, went to the mall, took a brief nap, and dined with the Karp family at Post and Beam restaurant.  We went early to avoid the rush and had a delicious meal and a good time.  The menu is what I’d call ‘Country Chic’, it’s a fusion thing.  My list of places to eat is growing.  It was a bit pricey, but worth it for NYE.

Trying to stay awake to welcome the new year, but it will get here without me if necessary.  Who am I kidding, I’ll be up, watching the freezing folks in Times Square.  


Have a Thrilling Thursday.   I’ll end the year with some advice from Will Rogers.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“Never miss a chance to shut up.”
~Will Rogers

No comments: