Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Teacher

Hi,

The day began with fog, but turned into another hot one.  Eventually, the night-time temps will be the day-time temps and winter will be in the house.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “With A Little Help From My Friends”, by The Beatles.  ‘Zany Day’ is next and it’s from the blues archives.  “On the seventh hour, of the seventh day, on the seventh month, the seventh doctor said: ‘He’s born for good luck, and I know you see, got seven hundred dollars, and don’t you mess with me.’  Why you know I’m here, everybody know I’m here, and I’m the __-__ __, everybody knows I’m here.”  Clue:  The first two words of the title are slang words that rhyme.  If your mojo is workin’ you just might get it.

Today’s photo is the view from our upstairs balcony this morning.  The fog is clearly visible, engulfing the view past the wall.  Oh my.


By the time we took the dogs out, the fog was almost completely gone.  There is something about the cool, moist air that revs up the dogs.  This morning Daku was ready to ‘work’, doing his laps across the front lawn.  BamBam usually runs herself without much prompting.  Today she was happy to chase a few balls and then just alternate between chewing the ball and chewing the grass.  

The day outside the walls began with a trip to Makro.  It’s interesting to see the mix of holiday promotional items in a store like this.  As we entered, there was a display for a book about The King.  His birthday is December 5 and is observed with much enthusiasm.  A little past that there was a big table with Christmas wrapping paper and lights.  Even the Pringle’s potato chips have Christmas trees on them.  A few steps later there was a big table with gift baskets that are used as offerings at the temples.  

Today was the day Blue completed all of the work towards his retirement visa.  We are all very happy that it’s happening and he’ll be staying in The Kingdom.  

After lunch we were back out in the street.  It’s a busy time right now and things are getting done.  Tomorrow morning we will load the van with the art work for the exhibit and take it to Art Bridge.  Then we will ‘set’ the exhibit in the gallery.  There will be help in carrying the work up the stairs, and then we will place each piece where we want it and then the staff will hang them.  Oh, decisions, decisions.  

It looks like a Wacky Wednesday.

             Peace,
                       Danny

“Everyone is my teacher.  Some I seek.  
Some I subconsciously attract.  Often 
I learn by observing others.
Some may be completely unaware that
I’m learning from them, 
yet I bow deeply in gratitude.”
~Unknown

No comments: