Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday Funnies

Hi,

We woke up to cold air and fog this morning.  It lifted and turned into a hot sunny day.  It’s a new phase of weather.

Nobody guessed the ‘Zany Day’ song.  It was “Idol With The Golden Head” by The Coasters.  You can hear it at the link below.  For ‘Old School Friday’ I’m giving you an easy one.  I’m pretty sure you’ll recognize this gem:
“Never know how much I love you.  Never know how much I care.  When you put your arms around me, I get a __ that’s so hard to bear.  You give me __ when you kiss me.  __ when you hold me tight.  __ in the mornin’, __ all through the night.”  Hint: High temperature in a human being.  

We went back to the Healthy Market today to get our fish.  While we waited for the fish to be cleaned we strolled in the street in front of the flower stalls.  Today’s photo shows some unique things that can be done with flowers and leaves.  


We made more stops around town, distributing posters and invitation cards for the art exhibit.  Art Bridge has been presenting exhibits and workshops for three years and has built a reputation.  This is Lisa’s first show there and to many local friends, it’s like an ‘arrival’.  We got a call from the printer and the catalogues will get here by bus tonight.  We’ll pick them up tomorrow.  We were told that they are in two large, heavy boxes.  Oh joy.

In our search for mailing tubes, we discovered a few solutions.  The first was to use the cardboard tube that holds a bolt of fabric.  The second, which we’re trying this week, is a length of PVC tubing.  This tubing is used for all of the plumbing in Chiang Rai and I suspect all over Thailand.  We stopped at a supply house and had them cut us a piece from their scrap barrel.  The tip came from an expat forum here in town.  

There is a restaurant/bar down by the river that has started featuring live music again.  How do I know?  We can hear it at our house.  I just realized that the reason we can hear it so well is that most places are open air affairs.  I wonder what will happen when it gets real cold.  Hmm.

Today I made a new friend.  He’s a teacher from South Wales who has been in Thailand for four years.  We hung out this afternoon and really hit it off.  In addition to teaching, he is also an accomplished juggler.  I can’t wait to see him throw things in the air and catch them (555).  I’ve always found that fascinating.

Tomorrow Cat gets her braces adjusted, which is never fun.  Then she will go to her village for several days and return on Tuesday.  Her school is closed on Monday and Tuesday for special testing of the Seniors.  Tomorrow we have a meeting at Art Bridge with the director and a bunch more errands.  It will be a busy weekend, but very satisfying.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.     And now, the ‘Funnies’.   Oh yeah, this is the final race of the 2014 F1 season.

                 Peace,
                           Danny


No comments: