Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Compassion

Hi,

Chiang Rai experienced a clear, hot day.  Could it be that the rainy season has finally left us?  We watch the skies and wonder.

This week’s ‘Easy Monday’ song was “In the Midnight Hour” by Wilson Pickett.  Onward to the ‘Zany Day’ episode.
“Hey now baby, get into my big black car.  Hey now baby, get into my big black car.  I just want to show you, what my politics are.  I’m a political man, and I practice what I preach.  I’m a political man, and I practice what I preach.  So don’t deny me baby, not while you’re in my reach.”  Clue:  The title is one word, whose variation has been used in this verse.  Not going to pass judgement, but it sounds so familiar (555).

For about a month, the van has been developing a small rattle in the driver's side door.  It has become very annoying, so this morning I took it to Suzuki for repair.  When the mechanic drove the van I was hoping it would make the noise.  There is nothing worse than to take a vehicle for repair and not have it do what you say it does.  Well, it performed flawlessly and rattled away.  He took off the door panel, fixed the rattle and had me drive it.  Oh, the silence was wonderful.  It’s nice to be able to go to a small dealership and not have to go through a lot of red tape to fix a minor problem.  The agent who sold us the van thought it might take a long time and was willing to let me use their ‘test drive’ van for the day.  Pretty cool.

In the afternoon we went to our local immigration office so Blue could renew his visa.  It’s so nice to walk into an empty office and get service right away.  The staff is friendly and helpful so it never feels intimidating.  There was some joking around during the process, which always makes it feel lighter.  I suppose it helps that we always come prepared, and with a good attitude.

After a stop at the pharmacy, and the bakery, we went to the Healthy Market for vegetables.  While we were shopping a man who has a ‘Tea Pot’ cart came up to me and asked me where I was from.  He spoke very good English and had a very ‘non Thai’ look.  We talked, or rather, I answered a lot of questions, and then I asked about him.  He told us his grandfather was from Algeria, his father from Pakistan, and his mother was from Malaysia.  He is part of the Muslim community and takes his ‘shop’ to another location in the evening where he sells to ‘his brothers’.  Interesting guy - I hope to see him again.

Yesterday, while we were at the vet’s, Lisa got a new bed for Daku.  He as taken to it with great enthusiasm.  


Tomorrow we drive south to Chiang Mai for an overnight trip.  I suspect there will be pie on the way there (555).

It’s time for Wacky Wednesday.

                  Peace,
                            Danny

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete."
Buddha

No comments: