Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gratitude

Hi,

Well, it almost rained today.  There is still a chance that it could happen, but forecasts are being vague.  Four different workers/crews came to the house today to fix or maintain things.  It was like a circus this morning.

Congrats to all who remembered 'Easy Monday' song "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers.  'Zany Day' is next:
"I wanna jump but I'm afraid I'll fall.  I wanna holler but the joint's too small.  Young man rhythm's got a hold of me too, I got the __ __ __ __ __ __ __."  Clue:  This song is about an affliction that the singer has.  Extra Cool Points if you know the original artist. 

First thing this morning we got a visit from the gate company.  The gate opens and closes by remote control and the little button devices have been 'eating' batteries lately.  Three guys came and serviced the motor, and brought two new remotes that we requested.  Things work fine now, and I got to open the gate with a new remote for my trip to Suzuki.

After about an hour at the 'film shop' across from Suzuki, our windows are dark in the right places.  With such big side windows, it's essential to have some kind of tint.  Having a lighter tint on the windshield made a difference in visibility.  I just realized that I haven't driven anywhere at night yet.  Hmm, time to go cruzin'?

While I was with the van, Lisa was juggling the arrival of the new spray man for the yard, the pool guy for his weekly service, and and air/con crew for the three month tune-up.  Theoretically, there will be few bugs, a clean pool, a cool bedroom, and a gate that works every time.  Remember, it's just a theory.

While sitting at a stop light, we noticed this couple with their rolling kitchen.  What really caught my eye was her jacket.  It reads:  'BMW Sauber F1 Team'.  Maybe they're into Formula One.  Hmm.

<BMW Jacket1.jpg>

It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues,
but the parent of all the others."
~Marcus Tullius Cicero

No comments: