Monday, November 25, 2013

Deeds

Hi,

We've had wonderful weather over the weekend.  The forecast calls for rain on Tuesday or Wednesday.  The big news, besides me not worrying about the rain, is that we got our new vehicle today.  Yea.

'Old School Friday' was "Betcha By Golly, Wow" by The Delphonics.  'Easy Monday' should be a walk in the park.
"__ __ __ when she's gone.  It's not warm when she's away.  __ __ __ when she's gone, and she's always gone too long, anytime she goes away."  Hint:  I know, I know this is too easy for some of you, that's why it's 'Easy Monday'.

Most of our weekend was spent anticipating today's big event.  When we arrived at Suzuki, our salesman met us with a big smile.  We sat down and waited while they organized all the paperwork.  We were brought coffee, struggled with language, and finally reached the point where we were taken to the garage to see the van.  There were still a few things to do, but it was there, and it was ours.  I still have to find an owners manual in English, and we left the lot with no registration tag in the front window, but it's new and this is not unusual.  There are some cool things about our Ertiga that make it fun.  It has a USB port so I can connect my phone to the stereo and play music from my collection.  I can control the volume and track from the steering wheel, and it tells us how far we can go on the existing fuel.  The first thing I had to do after we left was get gas.  It was on empty.  Eventually, I'm going to have to get a mental picture of how much a liter is compared to a gallon and the difference between a kilometer and a mile.  The tank hold 45 liters, which is a lot more than our little car held.  

This afternoon we introduced the dogs to the Ertiga.  BamBam had no trouble springing up and into the back.  We had folded down the third row seats and she wanted to stay.  Daku couldn't do the same so we're making a ramp for him to use.  They're ready to roll.


Have a Great Week.  I'm off to look at the van again.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

"Great acts are made up of small deeds."
~Lao Tzu

No comments: