Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Reasons


Hi,

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record when talking about the weather.  Beautiful hot days and cool nights makes it a pretty nice time of year.  Some forecasts are calling for rain but I don't see any real signs of that.  

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Somebody To Love" by Jefferson Airplane.  'Zany Day' is next and today we rock out:
"I have a mansion, forget the price.  Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice.  I live in hotels, tear out the walls. I have accountants pay for it all.  They say I'm crazy but I have a good time.  I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime.  __ __ __ to me so far."  Hint:  This guitar player has been in a gang and soared with eagles.  What's he trying to tell us?

It was a pretty calm day on the compound.  While I went for my massage, Lisa continued working on a new piece.  This one is acrylic on canvas and it's beautiful.  We're starting to see some results from the distribution of promo materials for the Bangkok exhibit.  The Bangkok post listed the show and called it 'Out of this world', making a play on the use of the Hubble photographs in the prints.  A friend of ours said he saw a new edition of what is called a 'HiSo' (high society) magazine and saw the exhibit listed there.  The exhibit will be up for one month, but the opening night is very important to create the momentum that will bring more visitors.  The last major project to make this whole thing happen will be the packing of the three crates that will carry the artwork to Bangkok.  Bring on the bubble wrap.

I'm slowly getting used to my new glasses.  Because there are no seams or lines defining the three separate strengths, it's a constant test to see if I'm using the correct one at any given moment.  Oh what fun it is to see.  Today I went back to the 'Eye Guy' for a frame adjustment.  With the frames level the lenses seem to be in the right places.  

A few night ago Boot went dancing with a friend of hers.  They went to a club with one of the best names yet.  It's called the 'Sugar Beat Club'.  When we asked her what kind of music they played, at first she said she didn't know.  Then she described it:  "Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom" and put her hands to her ears. 

                     The Sugar Beat Club

It's time for Wacky Wednesday.

                   Peace,
                              Danny

"Some people have thousands of reasons why they cannot
do what they want to,
when all they need is one reason why they can."
~Willis Whitney

No comments: