Thursday, October 25, 2012

Learned


Hi,

This was a day of surprise visits and beautiful conversations.  

It's nice to see that this 'Zany Day' song was remembered.  I'm sure more of you know this tune.  Here's more:
"Lucky I'm sane after all I've been through.  Everybody says I'm cool (He's cool).  I can't complain but sometimes I still do.  __ __ __ to me so far."  Hint:  About an ordinary Joe with a run of good fortune.

The first surprise of the day was an early phone call from Khun Kek telling us that he had a crew and could and come do the yard.  It was another small crew and it will take two days but it will be done.    

This morning I made a solo run to the veggie market.  Armed with a very specific list I made my way through the aisles and did a little circle thing making sure I hit all the proper vendors.  I like to order the fish first so I can run and do the other shopping and avoid having to watch what happens.  Most of the vendors we frequent were aware of the fact that I was alone and gave me little smiles.  My picking skills are getting better and I know who has the better looking items.  You have to make a quick survey to see who has good stuff in a particular vegetable, then pick and chose carefully.  This is a lot different than going to a super market.  More fun.

The next surprise came mid-nap when the phone rang.  Somluk and his wife Tamako wanted to come by and see Lisa's art work.  We had invited them over earlier, but scheduling was uncertain.  Today worked out perfectly.  Somluk is a 'Prominent Artist' and is chair of the Art Bridge Project.  He had heard about our house from a few other artists and we could tell he really wanted to come over.  When they arrived we all went upstairs to Lisa's studio.  While Lisa explained the cast acrylic process to Somluk, I had some wonderful conversations with his wife about art and how to expose the community to the artists of Chiang Rai.  We then had coffee and some of the yummy cake that they brought.  They told us the story of how the Princess came to visit Somluk's gallery and all of the preparation that took place.  It was a very positive, productive visit and I'm sure we'll be doing it again.  Today's photo is part of the interior of Somluk's gallery.  To see more of his work click the link:  http://www.dddpottery.com


Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                  Peace,
                             Danny

"Never see anything that you do
as a failure but see it as an accomplishment.
Then you have never failed; you have always learned."
~Ramtha

No comments: