Thursday, October 4, 2012

Forget


Hi,

This was a day of sunshine, thunder and rain.  It was also a day of waiting, studying, and a little exercise.  

The 'Zany Day' song is not a stumper.  Readers Frank and Barry knew it.  Maybe the second verse will have meaning.
"Some people have everything, and other people don't.  But everything don't mean a thing if it ain't the thing you want.  __ __, __ __."  Hint:  Say what you gotta say.

This morning all the signs were there for a beautiful day.  It was cool when we ran the dogs.  Our play was interrupted briefly by our Amway guy who came by to take an order.  Being a true salesman, he always tries to sell me something I didn't ask for.  Today it wasn't even an Amway product, but a carved wooden pole made by a friend.  It has some significance in Thai culture, but not something I would want.  By the time we brought the dogs back out it was getting hot.  A little more ball play and it was inside to some coolness.

Today was to be the delivery day for a mattress that we bought while in Chiang Mai.  Since we've been in Thailand we have not been able to find the 'perfect' mattress.  Everything is very hard.  Firm is not even close and I guess it has some historical background.  At any rate, when we sat on this mattress we knew we had found what we were looking for.  Since it was coming from Bangkok we figured it might be shipped by truck over two days.  Our estimated time of arrival was a little after lunch.  Ha, we waited, took a nap, waited some more and still not a word.  We had other things to do but we had to be here.  Finally, around 4pm we got a call saying it would be delivered tomorrow.  Not OK but what could we do?  We studied some Thai vocabulary, and watched another lecture on the evolution of language.  

Our afternoon thunderstorm was just that, a storm of thunder.  For about 30 minutes we had a concert that ranged from a sound that seemed to roll across the sky to at least one outburst that felt like it was right over the house.  BamBam was hiding in every nook and cranny she could find.  When the giant cracking sound hit right above us we were downstairs.  Daku came running down to be with us and he usually isn't phased.  I think the percussion startled him.  It startled all of us.  The noise drifted off and the rain slowly began to fall.  It wasn't a major storm, but a good watering of everything.  

There is a fascination with the 'Old West' here in Thailand.  There are plenty of parallels I suppose.  In the country it's not unusual to see guys in cowboy outfits that look like they're working a ranch on the prairie.  Wagon wheels are used as decoration and there are cowboy bands.  Today I'll leave you with a photo taken at Airport Central in Chiang Mai.  I don't know what they mean by the store name, but you get the idea.

                          Time to Saddle Up.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                    Peace,
                               Danny

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.
Encourage me, and I may not forget you."
~William Arthur

No comments: