Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Funnies


Hi,

This morning we had just enough rain to make the air nice and clean.  There was a 'people visit' to the vet, some morning errands, a stop at Bliss Studios, and the cement 'runway' behind our house now has a surprising purpose.

The 'Zany Day' song was "Get Back" by The Beatles.  I guess you've figured out the theme for this week.  That should make it a little easier to get the 'Old School Friday' song.  Yes, the Fab Four did an old school blues.  
"__! __, please believe me, I'll never do you no harm.  Believe me when I tell you I'll never do you no harm.  __! __, if you leave me, I'll never make it alone.  Believe me when I thank you, don't ever leave me alone."  Hint: The title is two words and the first one is two letters (Hmm).  The second is a term of endearment.    

Since it hasn't been raining a lot, the locals have decided to burn all the trash and yard waste they can find.  It has made the area rather smokey and the morning rain was just what we needed.  The fresh morning air was just the thing to get the dogs romping around the yard.  By late afternoon they were back at it again so we closed up the house and ran the air/con.  

We got out in the street early today and went to our vet's to get some dog food.  I stayed in the car because the 'cat vibes' are heavy in the waiting room.  I missed out on the fun this morning because our friend Jonathan was there for his 3 month check-up.  He will be 10 years old next month.  One of the staff members was rolling around on the floor with him and he had the attention of everyone in the office.  

At the vegetable market there is a large fruit stand that is run by a very sweet couple.  They know what we like and we have a nice rapport with them.  Today we bought 2 watermelons and the husband washed them both in a pan of water since they were fresh from the field and still very dirty.  That was a nice touch.  One of the things we like about them is that they will tell us if something is not fresh or not sweet.  

It is not uncommon to see a motorbike inside one of the markets making a delivery.  The other day I looked up and there was a Tuk-Tuk in the aisle.  I didn't hear him come in, and I missed how he got out.  One of those things that makes you go 'Hmm'.

                       Can you find the Tuk-Tuk?

The last stop on our morning adventure was at Bliss Studios.  There is always a cheery welcome from Chalit, his brother and his mom.  In addition to picking up some organic coffee that he got for us, we needed him to make a 'Thai phone call'.  It's nice to have friends who can help us with communication on technical matters.  

This afternoon I made my trip out to New Life Foundation.  There was a wall of smoke in the distance as I traveled across the valley where rice is grown.  The practice of burning the leftovers from the rice harvest is still puzzling and troubling.  Old ways are hard for many to give up.  At the center I said goodbye to two new friends.  One is returning to Belgium and the other to Australia.  Meeting young people from around the world helps keep things in perspective.  Especially when they go home with smiling faces and positive attitudes.  

Tomorrow evening we will attend another wine/Sprite tasting at Le Meridien Resort.  This time they're creating a special little meal that I can eat.  I'm looking forward to that since I never get to eat the dishes they prepare for the wine samples.  We will probably meet some more interesting people as well.  The Adventure continues.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.       Time to Laugh.

                     Peace,
                                Danny


No comments: