Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Character


Hi,

Today we had a beautiful, brief morning storm.  Everything got watered and washed, the artwork left for Bangkok and the monks left the temples.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Love The One You're With" by Stephen Stills.  On to our 'Zany Day' tune, one I think is appropriate these days.  "Hey now baby, get into my big black car.  Hey now baby, get into my big black car.  I wanna just show you what my politics are..."  Hint:  You are probably getting tired of hearing from them these days.  (555)

Our day began with the sound of fireworks, gongs, and a mix of traditional instrumental music.  Just as I finished finding out what was happening we saw a row of little boy monks walking down the road toward the temple.  Today was the end of the three month Buddhist Lent when all the monks stay inside the temples at night.  For the next month people will bring offerings and many will bring robes symbolizing a renewal.  

Just as we were going to take the dogs out for their play time it started to rain.  It didn't last long so we thought it was just a cloud burst.  I went to my massage and while I was being tortured by Khun Joy, we heard the sound of a heavy downpour outside.  It was a significant bit of rain.  A little later the winds came and blew the rest of the clouds away.  

While I was getting my massage, the shipping guys packed up the three crates of art work destined for Bangkok.  They will arrive tomorrow.  We will also arrive tomorrow, and I'm glad we are not traveling by truck.  This trip will be our first flight to Bangkok since the restructuring of domestic landings.  All domestic carriers, except for Thai Airways, now fly in and out of Don Muang airport, which is outside of town.  This means that we will have a little car trip after we land.  A longer ride than from the main airport.  The real fun will be when we fly to America and have to transfer from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi for our international flight.  

I have told you about the strip of pavement that runs down the middle of the big dirt lot behind our house and how it's being used as an exercise area.  Well, here is a 'family exercise portrait' from one early morning.

                         Morning Stretch

Time to pack the bag, and do all those last minute things to get ready for our trip.  Oh, and lest I forget 'Happy Halloween' to all those inclined to celebrate.  Don't eat too much candy.

It's sure to be a Wacky Wednesday.

                     Peace,
                                Danny

"The farther behind I leave the past,
the closer I am to forging my own character."
~Isabelle Eberhardt

No comments: