Thursday, September 13, 2012

Shame


Hi,

I won't bore you with another weather update.  You already know what I'd have to say.  We went to town today, twice.   

This weeks' 'Zany Day' tune was quickly recognized by a few.  Here's another portion that might be helpful:
"It seems I had to fight my whole life through.  Some gal would giggle and I'd get red, and some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head.  I tell ya, life ain't easy for __ __ __ '__'."  Clue:  A sad tale of a guy growing up with the wrong name.  Any more than that and I'd give it away.  Oh, I might tell you for some cash. 

The dogs were a little upset with us because they couldn't go out and play.  Their understanding is getting better though.  We think they're putting together the rain and staying inside.  They are definitely creatures of habit and patterns.  There are several times a day, usually before nap time and in the evening, when Daku will not settle down until I take him outside.  It's become a ritual that I have accepted.  

Today's supply run was to Big C.  Things were pretty routine during our shopping, but got interesting at the check-out.  There was a sale on juice so Lisa got six of each kind we like.  That's the usual limit.  The checker told us we could only take two of each.  A little later she told us that another item was 'buy 2 get 1 free'.  They have this customer service counter where we take our receipt and after they check it we sometimes get a 'prize'.  Today we got a bunch of little bags of some snack.  As we were going down the escalator I noticed a man with a camera about to take my picture.  I smiled, he snapped and we laughed.  

This afternoon we went back into town for a meeting with our friend Natty to discuss an art project.  We met briefly and then the three of us went across town to Bliss Studio.  On the way back to her family's restaurant she asked me if I found it easy to drive in Chiang Rai.  I paused, Lisa laughed and I gave a polite answer.  Then a motorbike in front of us came to an abrupt stop and squeezed into a parking place.  Natty motioned and said, 'Like that', and we all laughed. It's nice to laugh and talk about it with a Thai person who feels the same way about some of the driving.  And here I thought it was just me.  (555)

After crossing the bridge toward home we realized that the road was becoming a business district.  Since we moved to our house the main road has grown quite a bit.  It used to be fields, fruit stands and some repair shacks.  Now there is a huge government building, three multiple shophouse buildings and a used motorcycle business.  It still feels like the country when we turn onto our Soi (street) though.

                       Our Little Country Road

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                    Peace,
                               Danny

"There is no shame in not knowing;
the shame lies in not finding out."
~Russian Proverb

No comments: