Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Moments


Hi,

We've been having some incredible weather lately.  Today was no exception.  The morning was clear, bright sunshine and by the afternoon it was hot.  Travel into town was the usual adventure in driving and we saw a few interesting sights.

I love 'Easy Monday', especially when it's really easy.  The mail has been good.  If you still need more, check this out:
"You say although we broke up, you still wanna be friends.  But how can we still be friends when seeing you only breaks my heart again?  And there ain't nothin' I can do about it.... 'Cause you don't really love me, __ __ __ __ __..."
Hint:  Seriously?  I don't think any hints are necessary.  

When I went to get Lisa from her massage appointment I noticed a lot of activity at the government building near our house.  I think it's related to a big conference that's happening here in Chiang Rai this week.  "The ASEAN-China Gateway" is the name of the meeting and it's all about business matching.  In 2015 the ASEAN Economic Community will be official, and that means that the 10 nations in the South East Asia Region will be doing a lot more business with each other.  Since Chiang Rai is the northern most city in Thailand, we're going to see a lot of action.  

Driving back to our house I saw a guy on a motorbike, riding without his hands on the bars.  He was buckling his helmet, which is a good thing to do, but I'm not sure if doing it while riding with no hands is the best time.   I can just see the story now, "He got it buckled just before he went down".  

When we woke up from our nap I looked out the window and saw a huge cloud of smoke.  It was from a fire that had been set on the other side of our wall in order to clear some of the field.  Fortunately, the wind was blowing it away from us, but it was still a little distressing.  Of course, I had to capture this special moment for you.

                           That's Close Enough

This afternoon we went to NorThai, the shop that our friends Martin and Kay are building.  While Martin was helping Lisa with the poster for her Bangkok exhibit, Kay showed me some of the jewelry they will be selling.  All of the bracelets and necklaces are made with beautiful polished stones.  I also had a 'moment' with Ziggy, a colorful fish that is named after Ziggy Stardust.  Martin told us that Ziggy likes to rearrange the stones in the bottom of his tank.  He picks them up in his mouth and moves them to one side or the other.  He will follow your finger if you move it against the glass of the tank.  They just found out that he doesn't like the color black.  Martin had on a black shirt and Ziggy backed away from him.  Maybe he likes the light.

With all this warm, sunny weather the pool should be just right for a swim tomorrow.  I can hardly wait.  

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                   Peace,
                              Danny

"Occasionally in life there are those moments
of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained
by those symbols called words.
Their meanings can only be articulated
by the inaudible language of the heart".
Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: