Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Attitude


Hi,

The tables have turned and now we're wishing it would rain, just a little.  It's been hot and dry for several days and the lawns need water.  We learned about the land next to us, and the word ghost was mentioned twice today.  Hmm.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "You Keep Me Hanging On" by The Supremes.  On to the 'Zany Day' song, which may be a mystery to some of you kids.  (555)  "While riding in my Cadillac, what to my surprise.  A little Nash Rambler was following me, about one third my size.  The guy musta wanted to pass me up as he kept on tooting his horn.  I'll show him that a Cadillac is not a car to scorn.  __ __, __ __, his horn went __ __ __."  Clue:  This has got to be the easiest 'Zany' tune yet.  Therefore, there will be no clues, hints or nudges.  It was silly a hundred years ago and it's still silly.

Except for my massage this morning, we spent the day at home.  After lunch there was another meeting about the art project that Lisa is doing with our friend Natty.  Things are really progressing and it won't be long before we unveil the whole thing.  

Last night Lisa heard a strange knocking sound downstairs.  After careful investigation we were left scratching our heads.  This afternoon Lisa and Boot were talking about it and Boot was certain that it was a ghost.  Well, no one but us has lived in this house, and as far as we know the land has always been a rice field before we came.  It just occurred to me that it could have been a visitor in the ceiling.  It has happened before, that some bird gets under the tiles and stays a few days.  Creepy.

This evening I went downstairs to take some things to my room in the back.  I passed Tatt's room but didn't say anything.  A little later he came upstairs and wanted me to come and check because he thought he saw a ghost.  What he saw was a glimpse of me as I was leaving.  He was quite relieved.  There are many superstitions that abound here in Thailand, and the existence of ghosts is just one of them.  Spirits are one thing, but physical manifestations are something else.

We got the scoop on the big piece of land behind us.  As I had suspected, it's going to be divided and sold as smaller parcels.  This should be interesting since the access road to the land is only big enough for one vehicle at a time.  Maybe the road will be widened.  One thing is for sure, when the building begins we will have lots of new sounds to contend with, and plenty to see.  I had a fantasy of buying the two plots closest to us and putting in a bunch of trees. 

On Saturday, when we went to the artists' meeting, we parked on the grounds of the temple next door to the building. Here is a quick shot of the newly redecorated entrance.  I'm going to go back and shoot it with bright sunlight so you can get the true effect of the 'chrome' treatment.  



It's Time for Wacky Wednesday.

                  Peace,
                             Danny

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude
from achieving his goal;
nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."
~E. Joseph Cossman

No comments: