Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Helping


Hi,

I am thrilled to report that we had a day without rain.  The night is young and it could still happen I suppose, but the daylight hours were bright and warm.  I had a massage, and toured the back streets of the village.

The 'Easy Monday' song that so many of you remembered was "The Tracks Of My Tears" by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles.  I hope you're ready for another 'Zany Day' song.  "To save my soul I can't get a date.  Baby's got it turned on channel eight.  Now Wyatt Earp and the Big Cheyenne, they're comin' through the TV shootin' up the land.  Ah um, my baby loves __ __, my baby loves __ __, bam, bam, shoot'em up pow..."  Hint: Something 'as seen on TV' by a group named after something recently seen on TV.

Late last night we heard the sound of fireworks nearby.  At one point I saw a lantern going up into the sky with fireworks streaming down from the tail.  It was all a part of the funeral down the road.  

This morning on my way to my massage I noticed barriers along the side of the road.  There was also a man with a semi-official vest and it was a clue that there might be a street closure.  I made a mental note for the return home.  At the massage it seemed as though Khun Joy had gotten over her move to the new location.  Her 'Power Hands' were back and she was digging deeply into places that had been getting a gentle touch over the last few weeks.  Ouch.  She would laugh and then try to explain why it hurt.  That didn't help what I felt, but at least there was a reason.  

As I crossed the pink bridge toward home I tried to look ahead to see if my road was open.  It was not so I drove to the next little street, thinking I'd take that and circle around.  It was also blocked and that meant I was now traveling into unknown territory.  I got to see a lot of my distant neighbors, the people and houses of Namlat village.  I knew the direction I needed to be in and slowly got to a main road.  One of the sights I saw was the ark.  I have to go back and take a proper picture, but it is indeed a giant ark.  I don't know it's purpose or who built it, but somebody knows and I'll find out.  Later in the morning I looked out to see what was happening at the funeral house and I saw the top of a large house-like structure sitting on a flatbed truck.  This would be used to take the casket to the crematorium.  A procession usually follows with musicians in pick-up trucks, people walking or riding in cars.  The first time we saw one of these processions was in 2001 on a country road.  There was a wagon carrying the casket and the whole village was walking behind it.  Quite a moving tribute.

An afternoon swim in the sunshine gave no clue of what would happen this evening.  As I write this the sky has opened and I'm listening to the sound of heavy rain and thunder with BamBam by my side.  Since our new paving stone project is finished, let it rain.  Here is a photo of our new improvement.

                               No More Mud!

It's gonna be a Wacky Wednesday.

                  Peace,
                             Danny

"You deserve peace, you deserve happiness...
Helping yourself is the first condition for helping the other."
~Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments: