Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Funnies


Hi,

We spent most of this hot, sunny day at the house.  I was busy hanging this, and fixing that.  We had a visit from friends, and I drove out to the country in the afternoon.

Nobody knew the 'Zany Day' song.  I guess I'll have to find easier songs.  This one was "Alley Oop" by The Hollywood Argyles.  Actually, it was one guy with a 4-track.  On to 'Old School Friday' and something that may not be true Old School, but it's old.  "Ooh, I bet you're wondering how I knew, 'bout your plans to make me blue with some other guy that you knew before.  Between the two of us guys you know I love you more.  It took me by surprise I must say, when I found out yesterday.  Don't you know that __ __ __ __ __ __..."  Hint: Late 60s motor-city hit, inspired by a section of highway in California.  The artist in question also wanted to know what's goin' on.  Hmm.

There's nothing like having an event to motivate one to get a few things in order.  When we bought our new mailbox it looked just like the original we put up four years ago.  When I went to hang the new one on the wall I discovered that the brackets were in a different position, which meant rethinking the process.  I keep a stash of concrete nails and they came in handy.  Now we have a new box, and also a new 'King' flag on the front wall.  

The pool guys came today to replace the worn out sand in the filter.  We wish we had known that it will take a few days for the water to clear after the change.  Now it looks like we're going to have a cloudy pool for the party on Sunday.  Oh well, at least by next week the water will be clean and clear and swimming can resume.

Our friend Lisa and her little son Jack came by this morning.  While Lisa and Lisa were talking, Boot took Jack outside to walk around.  Jack discovered the long pool cleaning pole with the net on the end.  When I looked out he was walking back and forth with the pole in the water.  He later told us he was fishing.  I love his imagination.

This afternoon I drove out to New Life.  On my way I saw sheep, goats, and a couple of bulls.  I managed to get a photo of the two bulls because they were rather large. 

                        That's a lot of Bull

Tomorrow morning we will go to Central Plaza to renew our visas.  It's so nice that the immigration officials come to town once a month.  It saves the drive to Mae Sai, which takes about 45 minutes each way.  We have stacks of paper for them to stamp and mark up.  It should be a routine encounter since we've done this a few times.

Sunday we will celebrate our 5th anniversary of living in Chiang Rai.  Rain or shine, we're having a party and it's looking like it will be fun.  This weekend also marks the return of Formula One racing.  This week they're in Belgium.  

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.     Now it's time for a visual 'Funny'.

                    Peace,
                               Danny


No comments: