Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Funnies

Hi,

Well, as you probably guessed by now, it's still raining.  Oh my, how long?  We went out and did what we had to do today in the light, never-ending rain.  On my afternoon trip to the countryside I had an encounter with a herd of beasts.  

The 'Zany Day' song from 1959 was "Along Came Jones" by The Coasters.  Check it out on Youtube.  'Old School Friday' is up next and I'm hoping some of you might know it.  "I will build you a castle with a tower so high, it reaches the moon.  I'll gather melodies from the birdies that fly, and compose you a tune.  I'll give you lovin' warm as Mama's oven and if that don't do then __ __ __ __."  Hint:  'If at first you don't succeed..."  It's by a Detroit group that was fronted by a smooth voiced male singer.  It didn't sound smokey at all.

This morning we had to go to Makro.  Normally, this is a 15 minute drive at most.  Today it took 35 minutes because of road work and heavy traffic.  It doesn't look like they'll be finished anytime soon so I have to work out an alternate route.  At the store there were massive displays for various products, balloons, and a new garden at the entrance.  There was a definite carnival atmosphere with food booths in the parking lot and people trying to give us free samples of this and that.  Lisa asked someone what it was about and it was in honor of the Rains Retreat celebration.  

This afternoon I drove out to New Life Foundation.  The rain was light so the drive wasn't too bad.  Along the way I saw people knee-deep in water, bending over to harvest rice in the rain.  It's something I won't soon forget.  On the way home traffic came to a stop while we waited for a herd of black cows to cross the road.  It was a very large herd and I had a chance to take a picture.  Amazing Thailand.

                    They had the Right of Way

According to the weather reports, tonight is supposed to be the end of the storm.  Hmm, we'll see.  It would be nice to have a little sun for the weekend.  We're having company for lunch on Sunday and a dry yard would be nice.  The dogs would also appreciate it.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.   Enjoy the 'Funny'.

                    Peace,
                               Danny


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style 

No comments: