Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Our Friday weather was pretty much the same as every other day this week.  Sunny morning, clouds move in, humidity and heat, threat of rain, pleasant afternoon.  We went into town and did things at some of our usual stops.

The 'Zany Day' song was "Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh.  Now it's time for another installment of 'Old School Friday', and a trip back to 1963:  "Here's your old friendship ring, I can't wear it no more.  Here's your old love letters, I can't read them any more.  Lover, you've gone from me and left behind so many memories."  Hint: It's by a 'Girl Group' whose lead singer had a distinctive voice.  This was their second release and they danced in the streets.  I think this title should be obvious in five words.

This morning Jago was supposed to come over for a play-date, but due to a mixup he didn't make it.  We played with the dogs and then went to Makro.  It seems like every time we go there we hear some music that we like.  They have a DVD player near the entrance that plays compilations of popular songs and they always get me.  This morning's song was really nice, but the credits on the video were in Thai.  I should have asked someone.  I'm going to start recording portions of the songs I like on my phone.  Then I can just play the clip for the nice woman at the Boomerang Music store and get the music I want.

While we were at Doi Chaang Coffee there was some wonderful guitar music playing.  As we paid for our coffee I commented on how much we enjoyed the music.  Our friend 'Frog' told us it was a young Korean boy she discovered on Youtube.  She then clicked to several links showing him at different ages.  His name is Sungha Jung.  Check him out.

After lunch I drove out to New Life Foundation for my weekly session with the residents.  This morning there was an article on the center in the Chiang Rai Times http://www.chiangraitimes.com  During the course of my drive I encountered bright sunshine, light rain, and portions of road that looked like it had just rained heavily.  Weather systems can be very isolated around here.  Hmm.

              A Lotus Pond at New Life Foundation

Just before dinner the policeman came by to get his 'payment' for the Red Box Security.  We had given Boot the money in case he came when we were not home.  She gave him half of the amount and he accepted it.  She said it was too much money.  This made all of us laugh.  Amazing Thailand.

The weekend is here and there's no Formula One, no Grand Slam tennis, but there's always football (soccer).  Who knows, we may stumble into another unique adventure.  

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.    There's something 'Funny' below.

                       Peace,
                                  Danny


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style 

No comments: