Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Funnies


Hi,

Today there was no rain in Chiang Rai.  There were even patches of blue.  My road trip to the countryside was the only time away from the compound, and Lisa finished a different kind of art project.

My friend Frank was the only reader who knew the 'Zany Day' song was "Little Egypt" by The Coasters.  Time for the oldsters to think real hard 'cause it's 'Old School Friday'.  This is a romantic mid-tempo ballad.
"__ __ __ __ and we'll have everything.  We'll share the joy falling in love can bring.  No one can tell me that I'm too young to know, I love you so and you love me.  __ __ __ __, if we just wait a while...."  Hint: It's by a 'Girl Group' whose lead singer's name is a precious stone and the group loves love.  Song is about waiting for a special time.

We spent most of the morning catching up with news from around the world.  Since I wore out my welcome with the L.A. Times (exceeded my quota of stories read) I had to move on to Yahoo, where 'all the news that fits' is readily available.  (Ha)  Seriously though, I now know things I didn't want to know.  

This afternoon I drove out to New Life Foundation.  In my travels I passed a small herd of little goats hanging out on the sidewalk by the road.  One of them was standing on it's hind legs, nibbling at some leaves on a small tree.  Further down the road I got stuck behind a local bus.  It was interesting though, watching the 'back door guy' give arm signals to the driver.  All of the busses have an assistant who makes sure everyone is either on or off of the bus and lets the driver know.  Today, his job was to let him know when he had cleared a vehicle when passing.  Watching him helped pass the time.

When I got back to the house there was sunshine on the pool.  Normally this would have been a signal to get ready for a swim.  Today the water temp was 79 degrees.  That's too warm for the wet suits and a little too cool to just stroll into the water.  If it doesn't rain and the sun shines, we may swim this weekend.  I miss the water.

We got a new mailbox that's just like our 'old' one.  It's made of wood and standard numbers just wouldn't look right so Lisa painted our name and address on the top of the box.  I think it's symbolic in a way, having some creativity at the entrance to the house.  The mailman always finds us so we know it works.

                                  The Mailbox

Are you getting excited about the upcoming Olympics?  In 2008 there was a lot of interest here since there were many Thais in different sports.  At Big C the clerks had little flag decals on their faces from countries around the world.  Some of them knew the country of their sticker and some didn't.  This time we're hoping to see as much of the coverage as possible.  After reading the news today, we're just glad we don't live in London.

This weekend looks to be a mellow one.  The Formula One Grand Prix of Germany is happening and maybe time in the pool.  We have several 'projects' around the grounds and the usual shopping.  Maybe even a trip to Central Plaza.  Hmm, yeah, I've got two songs recorded on my phone and we want to get the CDs at Boomerang Music.  Looks like the weekend just got busy.

Have a WonderFul WeekEnd.          Time for the 'Funnies'.

                         Peace,
                                    Danny

Comments from Police Car Videos

"The answer to this last question will
 determine whether you are drunk or not.
 Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

"You don't know how fast you were going?
 I guess that means I can write anything
 I want to on the ticket, huh?"

"If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

"You know, stop lights don't come any
 redder than the one you just went through." 

"I'm glad to hear that Chief (of Police)
 Hawker is a personal friend of yours.
 So you know someone who can post your bail." 

No comments: