Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Help

Hi,

We had a hot and windy day in Chiang Rai. Not enough to clear the air, but it helped. Monday and Tuesday were spent driving around doing things and this afternoon we had an excursion to Central Plaza with Boot.

You've got one more chance to tell me you know this 'Easy Monday' song. I did get some mail, but not enough. (555)
"__ __ all in my eyes. Don't know if it's day or night. You've got me blowin', blowin' my mind. Is it tomorrow, or just the end of time?" Hint: Sung by an artist whose guitar playing sent a shock wave throughout the world. Wave on.

On Monday morning, as a result of my world-class driving, I took the car to Toyota for an inspection. A few things had changed from the way they had been and will require some treatment. In the afternoon I drove out to New Life Foundation and met with a young man who was returning to Belgium. He needed a ride to the airport so I took him and we had a good talk on the way. We had become friends over the last 2 months.

This morning while Lisa was having a massage, I made a Makro 'run' for veggies and stuff. Later I went to the flower market to get a fruit basket with a floral decoration. Today is our friend Bobby's last day at the bank. We wanted to take him something and have a final conversation 'across the desk'. We had a nice visit and we plan to keep in touch.

Boot discovered that our TV carrier, TrueVision, was offering a deal on iPhones and she really wanted one. We went to Central Plaza to investigate and found that everything had not been disclosed in the initial advertising. Like that's anything new. We decided to go to the Samsung store and see if we could find something that was similar. About 30 minutes later a smiling Boot was leaving the mall with a new phone. Actually, we were all smiling.

We just finished watching the Oscars, which I had to recorded yesterday morning since we had places to be. That has to be one of the weirdest adjustments living here. Live from America typically means first thing in the morning in Thailand. Hmm.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

Peace,
Danny

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations
of this life that no man can sincerely
try to help another without helping himself."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: