Monday, March 14, 2011

World

Hi,

We had a big storm here in Chiang Rai, an art show at the gallery, a party at the house, and a Hill Tribe expedition. There was also sadness for the people of Japan.

The 'Old School' song was "Be-Bop-A-Lula" by Gene Vincent. It's time for 'Easy Monday' and we'll start the week with this: "When I'm drivin' in my car and that man comes on the radio, and he's tellin' me more and more about some useless information, supposed to fire my imagination. (__ __ __) oh no no no. (__ __ __ __) __ (repeat). 'Cause I try, and I try, and I try, and I try...." Clue: Singer isn't getting what he needs. It's by a band who came across the water in the 60s, and they're still around.

Saturday afternoon we were just leaving downtown when it started to sprinkle. By the time we got home it was really raining. It rained hard for several hours. We planned to go to 9 Art Gallery for the opening of a new exhibit and wondered if we'd make it. The rain slowed down and we decided to go. There was a small gathering at the gallery and the show, by two artists, was very nice. We saw people we knew and got invited to another opening next week at the home of a local artist who will make it a permanent installation.

Sunday was spent preparing for the party. Lisa made her Thai style tuna salad, and little chicken sausages. Blue and I had lunch at the River House and then returned with ice and plates. The guests began arriving in the early afternoon and by 3:30 it was in full swing. We had about 20 guests, and there were a lot of interesting conversations on the patio. The sky was cloudy, but never rained. Everyone had a good time, and after the last folks left, we dashed off to meet Sutheera and Nukoon for dinner. That was very enjoyable, with good food, lots of laughter, and the sharing of some good memories.

This morning Blue and I went up the highway to visit two Hill Tribe villages. He had photos he had taken last year that he wanted to pass out. It was fun watching the looks on the peoples' faces when they saw themselves in the photos. One village is very productive, with farms maintained by each of the tribes. The second village was very primitive, but still full of smiling faces.

This afternoon we went to Arisara for a massage. As always, we left feeling very relaxed. I had a different person this time but she did a very good job of working out the 'kinks'.

I have to readjust the schedule in my mind so I can start my message to fit with the new time on the west coast in the U.S. One of those little things that happens every time Daylight Savings time goes into effect.

Have a Great Week.

Peace,
Danny

"The world is round, and the place which may seem like
the end may also be only the beginning."
~Ivy Baker Priest

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: