Thursday, March 17, 2011

See

Hi,

It finally stopped raining. Three days of straight rain gets a little tiresome. I won't be watering the lawns for some time now. On top of the rain, it got really cold. So cold that we had to bring in the heater, and put a quilt on the bed.

Well, a lot of you remember this one. A few of you couldn't get the name of the group. I'll give you more clues.
"Me and you, and you and me, no matter how they tossed the dice, it had to be, the only one for me is you, and you for me so __ __. I can't see me loving nobody but you, for all my life...." Clues: The group name is an animal that carries its house on its back, so to speak. Some live in the desert, and some swim in the sea. The song is a happy love song.

Not much has been happening around here other than the water from the sky. The dogs have been wanting to go out and play, but since they can't, they're very frisky around the house. BamBam is sporting her sweater and Daku keeps looking out the window, hoping for something to happen. I took him out this afternoon during a slowdown in the rain. He ran all over, and chased the frisbee until he was beat. I found my rain boots so now I can go out and slosh around with him in the puddles.

I went into town for an hour this morning and life was going on as usual. One good thing about the rain; it forces people to wear their helmets. If nothing else than to keep their heads dry. Sadly, the Night Bazaar merchants lose out in this kind of weather. I suppose the vegetable vendors that sit on the street in the market also have to stay at home. Speaking of home, there are many people who live in what could only be called a shelter. Some have thatch houses and others, like the people down the road, live in sheet metal sheds that do little to keep out the cold. These nights must be very difficult for them.

Next week we'll be going down to Chiang Mai to get my new passport. I'm just hoping the skies are cooperative and there's no rain.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

Peace,
Danny

"It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see."
~Henry David Thoreau

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: