Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Funnies

Hi,

It was a hotter day in Chiang Rai today. This morning we went to Big C, marveled at the size of Central Plaza, and went to the Night Bazaar this evening. Attention is very divided right now, watching earthquake coverage.

Most of you who play the song game knew the song in spite of my first day error. The actual title is: "San Francisco (be sure to wear some flowers in your hair)". It was sung by Scott Mckenzie and was written by John Phillips of the Mamas & Papas. Now you know. Hey, it's time for 'Old School Friday' and I hope this is easy for you: "Well, she's the girl in the red blue jeans, she's the queen of all the teens. She's the one that I know, she's the one that loves me so. Say __-__-__-__, she's my baby. __-__-__-__, I don't mean maybe (repeat) __-__-__-__, she's my baby love, my baby love, my baby love." Clue: This is from 1956, and is a good example of the 'Rockabilly' style that emerged. You should also know that the title is more of a string of sounds as opposed to specific words. Hmm.

This morning we started our day with a visit with an architect friend of ours. We'd never been to his office so it was a treat to see examples of his work hanging on the walls.

On the way to Big C we stopped at the Tractor Store so Blue could see Jen and her sons. It was a great reunion, with the usual questions and conversation. We continued south to view the Central Plaza from it's main driveway. We usually see it from the highway, but this gave a different perspective. The Plaza is scheduled to open on 30 March, even though it doesn't look like they could possibly finish it. The crews are working around the clock, so it just might happen.

At Big C, we started with lunch and then went upstairs to shop for the weekend and the party on Sunday. We're expecting about a dozen friends over for food and drinks. If it stays this hot they'll either jump in the pool or stay in the house. (Ha)

For your information, the tsunami will not be coming to Thailand. If you have family or friends in Japan, I hope they're OK. We're watching the reports to see if Hawaii and the west coast are affected. If they tell you to move inland, move inland, or higher.

Have a Wonderful Weekend and enjoy the 'Funnies', a few random one-liners.

Peace,
Danny

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

An escalator never breaks . . . it only becomes stairs

People never grow up; they just learn how to act in public

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: