Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Voyage

Hi,

Today was a good day. We're in the city of Chiang Mai, and staying at the nicest hotel we've been in yet. We had lunch in a garden, met with friends, and dabbled at the Night Bazaar.

The 'Easy Monday' song was "Rain" by The Beatles. Yeah, you knew that from the weather reference. It's time to go back to the 'Summer of Love' for a dramatic tune by a young woman and a band that rocked Monterey.
"Didn't I make you feel like you were the only man, yeah? Didn't I give you nearly everything that a woman possibly can? Honey, you know I did. And each time I tell myself that I, well I think I've had enough, but I'm gonna show you baby, that a woman can be tough. I want you to come on, come on, come on, come on and take it, (__ __ __) __ __ __ __ (repeat several times)...." Clue: She's telling him she's willing to take whatever, and he can take something as well.

Our trip down the highway to Chiang Mai was the usual twisty, turny drive through the mountains and valleys. We stopped at our usual coffee spot at the midway point, and made good time. When we arrived in town I called my friend Mark and we made plans for lunch. He met us at our hotel, The Dusit D2, and we walked to what looked like a ceramics shop. In the rear was a restaurant that had a large garden area. We sat among the trees at a little table and had lunch and some great conversation. It's some place we'll probably try again.

After lunch the walk back to the hotel in the heat was enough to signal 'nap time'. Later we went to the local Starbucks for coffee and then decided on dinner at a place close by. There were other choices, but getting around was not something I was looking forward to, so we opted for easy. By the time we finished dinner most of the vendors were going strong on the street. It was odd to be at a Night Bazaar while the sun was still shining. In Chiang Rai it's usually dark when they set up.

Lisa spent the evening with our friend Natty, who is living in Chiang Mai, and I met with some friends of mine. Tomorrow morning we'll follow the map directions and go to the Maesa Elephant Camp to see the show and watch the elephants paint. This should be exciting. From there we'll go to the Consulate and get my new passport and then return to Chiang Rai. Whew. The adventure continues.

Get ready for Wacky Wednesday.

Peace,
Danny

"The voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new vistas but in
having new eyes."
~Anonymous

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: