Friday, January 15, 2010

Funnies Funnies

Hi,

Our first night back in Chiang Rai was typical. Today we tackled Big C, drove in 'traffic', and made appointments for various things. Preparations also began for another art show Lisa will be in later this month.

Our last song, which got a big response after day two, was "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by Peter, Paul and Mary. For the 'Old School Friday' adventure, we'll try and hum a tune by a singer/actress from the '50s. It was a Pop hit.
"...You drove me, nearly drove me out of my head, while you never shed a tear. Remember, I remember all that you said: Told me love was too plebeian, told me you were through with me and now you say you love me, well, just to prove you do, come on and __ __ __ __, __ __ __ __...." Hint: The lyrics are from the bridge. There is a request for tears in this one, and the singer's last name is the same as a city across the pond. Hmm.

You may recall that yesterday's message mentioned that I was fading. Not long after I sent the message, we went to bed. I woke up at 3:30am and stared at the ceiling for hours. There were little naps sprinkled in, but I never got back to a sound sleep. Lisa woke up every hour, but managed to sleep a bit more. It always happens like this. The problem with just getting up is that Daku thinks it's cool to get up that early. He woke up, but played by himself until 6am. He remembered the whole morning routine. Whew.

When we were in America, one of the things we missed was our Doi Chaang Coffee. Blue and Ming gave us a bag for Christmas and it made all the difference in our morning routine. It was 'Piko's Peaberry' in a chic black bag. We can't get it in Thailand. It's sold in Canada and Europe. Blue and Ming picked some up for us when they went to Vancouver to visit the Doi Chaang offices recently. Thanks guys, for bringing a little bit of Thailand to America by way of Canada.

All that was just to tell you that we started our morning in a very familiar way and things felt like they were returning to normal. Later in the morning we went to Big C to restock certain staples. We noticed that the road crews had been busy while we were gone. The new bridge is finished, but not open, and there's a big stretch of the Super Highway that's been completely repaved.

After lunch we thought we'd just rest a bit before going back out into town. We both fell asleep, along with Daku. Our car was in serious need of washing so we went downtown and dropped it off. While we were waiting we walked around and discovered that Lisa's favorite used book store is closed. I peeked in and there was nothing there. Down the street there's another store that exchanges books in English, but it's not as extensive.

The woman who runs the car wash commented that we'd had a dog in the car. That opened the door for a 'broken' conversation about dogs. I knew that she also has a Golden and when I mentioned that, her face lit up.
We left there and went down to Pai massage and set up an appointment for tomorrow morning. Can't wait. After that we stopped at the bakery/hotel and picked up fresh bread and went home for dinner.

Around 8pm that feeling set in. The one that says 'You're getting very sleepy. You can hardly hold your head up." This is how it will be for a few days. As much as we fight it, it always wins. Oh well.

Le Meridien Hotel will be the sight of an art show of 'Expats', and Lisa will be one of the artists. We have a week to get ready. That means taking her new prints to the frame shop and getting a few others reframed. Tomorrow afternoon we have a meeting with Khun Jaffe and the other artists to discuss logistics.

It's time for the 'Funnies'. This list of things to ponder was sent to me by Cousin Trudye.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny
Subject: Points to Ponder

I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

Nothing is worse than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

There is great need for a sarcasm font.

How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

Was learning cursive really necessary?

Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

Bad decisions make good stories.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection... again.

I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.

"Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.

I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Darn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Hangup the phone and run away?

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel truly blessed to have met you when you were in L.A. I am glad to see you have made it back safely.

Chris said...

Wonderful journey you have been on. I am wondering if you might happen to be the same Lisa and Danny who performed in Disney On Parade in 1969. It would be too much of a coincidence, but then life is full of those. - Christine (Peter Pan)