Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Funnies

Hi,

I had a Friday morning runaround, did some banking, and made an appointment. Boot is headed for Rayong, the waterfall structure is done, and we're going to the Night Bazaar for dinner. Hmm.

Glad to see so many memories intact. A bunch of you knew "High-Heeled Sneakers" by Tommy Tucker. He was what you'd call a 'one hit wonder'. His real name is Robert Higgenbotham, a multi-instrumentalist who continued with his 'day job' as a working musician. For the weekend I have a good one. It's from 1981.
"Believe it or not, I'm walking on air. I never thought I could feel so free. Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer. Who could it be? Believe it or not it's just me." Clues: As seen on TV, everybody loves a hero. That's all you get.

This morning I took Boot down to the new bus station to get her ticket. It was early and the ticket office wasn't open yet. We waited, only to find out that they didn't have tickets yet, but we could get one at 7-11.
We drove back towards town and stopped at a 7-11 (they're all over the place) and after 15 minutes, they told Boot that they didn't have the code to issue a ticket. Back to the bus station. By now they were ready to do business and she got her ticket. Whew.

Later in the morning I went to the bank to do a little business, got some gas, and started the process of entering my further adventures in dentistry. There is an expert denture maker who I saw months ago, after an extraction. He had stopped making devices because of back problems. I wanted to see if he had resumed his specialty and I made an appointment to see him on Monday. Eating on one side of the mouth takes longer and it's time for the gap to be filled. If he can't do it I'll take his advice on where to go. Probably Chiang Mai. Oh my.

The main structure for the waterfall is complete. It's beautiful and has a nice sound. Next week the landscaping will be done and it will have a totally new look. There will be trees, orchids and other exotic plants for our 'jungle corner'. Stay tuned.

Now that Boot's gone we enter the quest for a happy medium between eating out and cooking at home. Tonight we're eating out. It seems extravagant, but it usually costs about $9 for dinner for two. Not bad when you don't want to cook. I'll be making market runs and Lisa will create magic in the kitchen on the days when we feel like it. At least we know we can survive on our own. (Ha)

Monday begins the Festival of Loy Kratong. You know what that means: Floating Kratongs (little baskets made of banana leaf or bread, decorated with flowers, coins and a candle), giant lantern/balloons floating into the night sky, and lots of fireworks. Oh yes, and lots of music from across the river.

Have a Wonderful WeekEnd. On with the 'Funnies'.

Peace,
Danny

A Sudden Change of Mind

My Dearest Susan,

Sweetie of my heart. I've been so desolate ever since I broke off our engagement. Simply devastated. Won't you please consider coming back to me? You hold a place in my heart no other woman can fill. I can never marry another woman quite like you. I need you so much. Won't you forgive me and let us make a new beginning? I love you so.

Yours always and truly,
John

P.S. Congratulations on you winning the state lottery.

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: