Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wisdom

Hi,

Today the weather report was wrong, I went shopping for fruit, and we got a massage. We also got a call from Boot, telling us that she'll be home on Sunday. Yea!

This song has only yielded one response, from Cousin Trudye and she had it right. Have I really stumped you?
"Oh, each time you go, I try to pretend it's over at last. This time __ __ __ will end..." Hint: Find synonyms for large and pain and you'll just about have it. Hmm.

We were all prepared for rain today. Even Mr. Narong cancelled construction next door, but the rain never came. As a result, there were gardens that needed water so I spent some time with the nature around us. It's one thing to look out and enjoy the sight, but I got a deeper appreciation of everything as I watered. Everything has grown so much that it's hard to imagine how it was in the beginning.

I went back to the market today in search of fruit. Yesterday I got a couple of watermelons that were very sweet. The Ban Mai afternoon market didn't have any pineapple that looked good so I didn't buy any. We learned how to pick them from Boot. All the fruits are smaller and the pineapple can be anywhere from the size of a big navel orange to half the size of a Hawaiian version. The color is also important because if it's too green it won't be sweet. If it's a rich tan color you've found a prize. I strolled around and found a stand that had just the right size and color. We had some after lunch and it was very sweet. I also picked up a couple of Chinese pears and the first one was good, but rather small. I'm getting the hang of all this, but I'll be glad when Boot returns since she knows what she's doing. I'm merely a good guesser at this point.

Yesterday afternoon we had a visit from one of Lisa's ballet students. Emily and her mom stopped by and Em, as she's called, brought Lisa a beautiful bowl with a garden scene made of miniature plants. She had made it herself. I'll post some photos soon.

Going down to Pai Massage is always a combination of treat and torture. The treat is having the ability to get a complete Thai massage for $6. The torture is the fact that there's always something they'll touch that indicates congestion, which usually translates as pain. In order to relieve the congestion one has to endure a certain amount of pain. The weirdest part of it is that when I announce that it hurts, it's met with a smile. Hmm. Khun Nong and Khun Ploy are our regular operators and they know what's happening with our bodies and we get very conscientious service. The other treat is to leave feeling 'Sabai Sabai' or feeling fine.

By the way, little Panda born at the Chiang Mai Zoo is getting bigger and cuter by the day. You can probably find pics if you Google 'Thai Panda'.

Have a Great Day.

Peace,
Danny

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
~Jimi Hendrix

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: