Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Startling

Hi,

Today was another one of those postcard days here in Chiang Rai. That cooling trend I mentioned is over. The car finally got washed, and now the sky could use the same. Read on.

It really was an 'Easy Monday' for some of you. I got lots of mail with the right answers. There's still time to get it. "Someone told me it's all happening __ __ __. I do believe it, I do believe it's true." Hint: It's from 1967 and it's by a duo who were fixtures in the musical landscape of the time. They knew Mrs. Robinson too. How much more can I tell you?

We kept putting off getting the car washed because it kept looking like rain. It was very dirty and it was getting worse with the construction next door. They seem to be out of their 'dirty' phase, but it didn't matter. The car was not cool. I took it down to the car wash and then took a stroll around the area. I finally picked up a King flag for the front of the house and then decided to walk over to the market and check out the fruit. I think pineapples are on their way out and the pears I bought were not too tasty. What's a fruit buyer to do? I know, let Boot buy the fruit. (Ha) Now the car is all sparkly and looks like the new car it is.

There was communication with the gate guy today. We called him and got news that what ever shorted out cannot be fixed. I don't know when he planned to tell us. It's all getting complicated and now the insurance company is involved since lightning was the culprit. Meanwhile, we push the gate. How long?

Just as we were finishing dinner a cloud of smoke came billowing in through the open doors. We quickly jumped up and closed all the doors and windows and turned on the air. From upstairs I could see two large fires burning on the other side of the field to the west of us. This is one of my biggest pet peeves and it makes me angry when it happens to this degree. There seems to be no regard for anyone else. "I've got trash and I want it gone so I'll just burn it." This is wrong on so many levels. Don't get me started. Ugh. Rain equals 'sky wash'.

It's time for Happy Tuesday. Hmm.

Peace,
Danny

"To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else."
~Emily Dickinson

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style
www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics
http://blog.risingstardom.com/
www.lisamosesgallery.com

No comments: