Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Treat

Hi,
Well, life goes on and things always change. In the case of this adventure, it's best not to set anything in stone. Today is a perfect example. A few weeks ago I made an appointment to see Dr. Nan, who is a dentist that we recently met (Nu's girlfriend). Then we found out that was the day for the blessing of the Spirit House, at the same time. Went to the hospital this morning to change my appointment and was told that Dr. Nan wasn't busy and could see me today. I'll tell you about that in a minute.
I'm quite proud of you all, and your memories too. So many of you got "Yakety Yak" by The Coasters. For all those who wondered about the spelling, I think what I wrote is correct, but that could be wrong (5). It's a novelty song from my junior high days and much gets lost in translation. There's no translation confusion with our next song. The message, or rather, the question was clear.
"Picket lines and picket signs, don´t punish me with brutality. Talk to me, so you can see, Oh, __ __ __..." Clue: This tune is from a 'departure', concept album from an R&B artist who's time was too short.
The purpose of my dental visit was to fix a tooth that had lost it's composite crown (I think that's what it's called). Aside from a cleaning by another dentist, this would be my first encounter with Thai dentistry. I had heard good things, but being one to not seek out this type of activity, I didn't really know what to expect. She examined my teeth, x-rayed the subject tooth, gave me the water jet cleaning and polish, and then went to work fixing my tooth. Since there was no pain or sensitivity with the tooth, there was no numbing, which was cool. I don't know how long she worked, but it seemed quick. It is a little different to be in the chair, with a couple of people in your mouth and you have no idea what they're talking about. In a way it's probably better. Next time I'll take my headphones. Some of you won't remember this, but the Thai word for tooth is 'fun'. When I told Nan that she could call herself Dr. Fun, she cracked up. Oh yeah, the total for the morning was $33.00.
Today the house got cleaned by a crew of seven. They did all the windows, floors and counters. We went over in the afternoon, just to see if things were going like we wanted them. For the most part, they were doing a good job. It will be nice to have all the construction residue gone when we move in. The landscape crew is still working and won't be done until the 7th, and the waterfall guys are still doing their thing. Neither group has any reason to come into the house, so theoretically, we should be able to keep it clean for a while.
The thing about plans is this. The Spirit House thing got moved to the 31st, but I didn't find out until after I change my dental date. It all worked out, but isn't it interesting. I'm sure I'll be able to tell you that it was good we didn't get the water when we wanted it because blah, blah, blah and wasn't it good we didn't move in blah, blah. On second thought, I'm not sure at all.
I feel a Wacky Wednesday coming on.

Peace,
Danny

"Treat people as if they were what they should be, and you
help them become what they are capable of becoming."
~Johannn von Goethe

Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: