Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
They just don't get it. People in service offices just don't get it that we want our stuff to be there when we move. How can they expect me to wait for my internet connection? What do you mean 'the area is full'? All you have to do is connect a wire and push a button. Don't they realize I'm addicted and attached and the world depends on me to be on the internet? Ah, the ravings of a mad man. Stay tuned.
"The Cool Club" really grew on day two. The song was "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", first by Marvin Gaye and then by Gladys Knight and The Pips. Both releases were on Motown Records. Just as an aside, the writers made a killing. Anyway, Marvin sold more records but both were hits. Cousin Eunice wrote that she heard the story behind the song on NPR. "It seems that a conversation that is the basis for the song, actually took place as they were riding through The Grapevine, on the way back to LA after a gig. So, the writer hears that his sweetie is seeing someone else from his passenger (my assumption is that he was riding with one of the band members.)" If you have the inclination this weekend to do some detective work, see what else you can find out about this song.
For the weekend, here's a little something from '76 to keep you busy. "Well, I think it's time to get ready, to realize just what I have found. I have lived only half of what I am. It's all clear to me now. My heart is on fire, my soul's like a wheel that's turnin'
My __ __ __ x 2" Hint: Singer's last name is the opposite of left with a 'w'. Had numerous hits.
There's another thing that we have to look into, with this house thing. We plan on having two dogs. That means we've got to scout around and find a good place to get a couple of healthy puppies. There are usually really cute puppies at the NB on the weekends, but it's unclear just how they'll look when they grow up. It's a fun chore that we're looking forward to doing, but it does have it's mystery. So many of the dogs here are a mixture of several breeds. Dogs live in the streets. Even the dogs that belong to people. They come out in the morning and hang out all day. There are also dogs that live in yards. I guess they have to visit the other dogs through the fence. All that to say that we're not picky if it's not a pure bred. We've seen some real cute mutts.
I promise to post pictures for your weekend viewing. You'll get to see the little trees, some big trees, pool pics and various room changes.
Now it's time for the 'Funnies', from my dear friend Lois. Have a Great WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

PS If you don't know, look it up.

A man runs up to his friend and says: "I've just seen your wife in
flagrante in those woods over there."

The husband runs off to check, then comes back, "Not woods, really - just a
few trees..."


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: