Friday, May 9, 2008

Friday Funnies

Hi,
Today is was very hot. It wouldn't have been so bad but we spent several hours at The Place. Even with the heat, it was hard to leave. The next three weeks will be full of waiting, anxiety, projecting, daydreaming and grinning.
You can't beat a classic and "Knights In White Satin" certainly fills the bill. That epic production by the Moody Blues brought me a lot of mail. For the weekend we're going to mess with two songs. Ironically, they both have the same title, but they're different genres from different eras. Ideally, you will give me the title and artist for both songs. Do the best you can and have fun.
"...I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set And I think I need a lear jet." And /or "The best things in life are free, but you can give them to the birds and bees..." Hints: I don't thing you need any hints.
We turned on the tube this morning and watched all the ceremony surrounding "Plough Day". There was much bowing, kneeling and parading of these two very large white bulls. (note: bulls are referred to as cows) After they pulled a plough around a large area for three or four laps, they were offered a choice of foods. Peanuts and Rice were the flavor of the day and so it goes. I didn't check but I guess the price of peanuts went up and I'm thinking maybe we should plant some in our front yard. (555)
This afternoon I built my third didjeridoo. This one is kind of an 'S' shape, out of plastic tubing. Plays really well and it's inspiring me. The second one I think I mentioned, but didn't tell you about. It's one tube inside another. I can play in a range of keys, almost like a slide trombone. I'll have to take some pictures and put them up. The people at the hardware store are going to start wondering what I'm doing with all this tubing and the odd assortment of connectors.
Oh yeah. The crew has installed most of the banister on the staircase and both tubs are in, complete with tile enclosures. The kitchen tile is also complete and it's really beautiful. We finally got an understanding of the waterfall area today. There is one point where the water comes out at the top, then spills down over the large rocks so there are five streams that dump into the 'sitting area' next to the pool. The work canopy is still up, because of the sun, but I'm thinking of having a temporary affair made from that green material that filters light. That way we can sit out there and cool off and not get burned. Brilliant.
It's time for the 'Funnies', sent to me by my good friend Jimmy. Have a Very Cool WeekEnd.

Peace,
Danny

Old Harold

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Harold the computer guy, to come over. Harold clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
He gave me a bill for a minimum service call. As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?" He replied, "It was an ID ten T error." I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An, ID ten T error? What's that ... in case I need to fix it again?"
Harold grinned.... "Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?"
"No," I replied.
"Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."
So I wrote down: I D 1 0 T
I used to like Harold.............


Gettin' Funky, Thai Style

www.flickr.com/photos/gratidudepics

No comments: