Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Heart

 Hi,


Today the sky was clear as a bell.  Not a cloud, not a puff of smoke, just perfect.  Started out cold but warmed up as usual.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Rain” by The Beatles.  For this week’s ‘Jazzy Wednesday’ tune we have another easy one:  “Missed the Saturday dance.  Heard they crowded the floor.  Couldn’t bear it without you, __ __ __ __ __.  Thought I’d visit the club, got as far as the door.  They’d have asked me about you.  __ __ __ __ __.”  Hint:  It almost sounds like a COVID song.  When one stays at home most of the time, this happens.  

This was a Big C morning.  The decorations are complete around town and Big C is no exception when it comes to celebrating Chinese New Year.  The check-out staff are in red and gold outfits, lanterns and balls are hanging and there are racks of garments just waiting for the revelers.  I almost got a red T-shirt with gold figures on it, but realized I probably wouldn’t wear it.  Hmm, I’ll kick myself later.  At Makro the other day, we noticed some staff wearing beautiful dresses that looked like costumes.  

After our shopping, we went across the highway for coffee at Starbuck’s.  My glasses still weren’t right, sitting two high on my face, so we went into the mall when it opened.  I decided to try another shop for the adjustment.  The technician would be there in one hour.  At the next shop I was told that it was the techs day off.  We ended up at the shop that made them too high in the first place and he lowered them for free.  Whew.

I couldn’t resist sharing this with you.  On Monday at Chivit Thamma Da, I ordered Stockholm Tea, (a blend of coffee and black tea).  This was the first time I was given the whole ‘works’, which meant the little timer.  


In local news, the number of Covid cases in Thailand is decreasing.  There has been aggressive testing in areas of outbreaks and this is keeping down the spread of the virus.  That’s always good news.  Here in Chiang Rai, things remain the same; no virus.  

Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                            Peace,
                                      Danny

“The fact is that when you do something
from the heart, you leave a heart print.”
~Alice Walker

No comments: