Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Dignity

 Hi,

We have been having temps ranging from 59° to 86°, with variations from day to day.  It’s very comfortable after about 9am.  A little more water and things would be even more beautiful.  

Quite a few of you recognized the ‘Easy Monday’ song.  It’s by an artist who is a doctor, but not a doctor.
“I been in the __ __ but it must have been the __ __.  My head is in a bad place, but I’m having such a good time.  I been running trying to get hung up in my mind.  Really got to give myself a good talking to this time.  Just need a little brain salad surgery…”  Clue:  It’s about those times when time and place are out of alignment.  His last name is a first name.

This morning the dogs woke us early, and got us up too.  Just as we were getting used to the 7:15 wake up, today it was an hour early.  As a result, I was sleepy all morning.  It’s because we didn’t ‘walk’ last night as a result of our massage.  It was suggested that we take the night off.  Tonight the dogs got their exercise and are sleeping already (not quite 9pm).  Maybe we’ll get to sleep in tomorrow morning (555).

One of the cool things about the sports channels we get is the number of repeats of certain events.  Right now we’re enjoying the NFL repeats.  You never know what game it is until it starts, they just show a number, but you know it’s gonna be a football game.  We’ve managed to see all of the playoffs and now we’re ready for the Super Bowl, which we’ll see on Feb. 8, sometime in the morning.  Oh, one thing we don’t like is how they edit the games.  Someone can make a touchdown and the next thing you see is them with the ball approaching the goal again.  What? Someone got permission to broadcast what seems like the entire archive of Formula One races through the years.  Well, maybe not entire, but there are so many that it’s just too much to watch.  The Australian Open tennis tournament is coming soon.  

This afternoon we went into town and I got my new glasses.  It has been many years since I wore glasses and it’s definitely more than a notion.  I’m having to remember to move my head to get the best view of things.  I’m still learning where the different strengths start and end.  I guess I’m still a work in progress.

Today’s photo was taken from inside our car port.  It was the scene this morning, just the way Nitchanan staged her vehicles last night.  


Have a Happy Tuesday.    Don’t forget your mask when you go out.

                           Peace,
                                     Danny

“The most luxurious possession, 
the richest treasure anybody has,
is his personal dignity.”
~Jackie Robinson

No comments: