Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Generous


Hi,

It seems odd to say, but mid-90’s temps feel pleasant after all the days of 105°F and above.  A ten degree drop and it feels cool.  It started to sprinkle this evening, maybe it will really rain later.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Take It Easy” by The Eagles.  Here’s a ‘Zany Day’ song I’m sure you know:
“On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair, warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air.  Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light.  My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim, I had to stop for the night.  There she stood in the doorway; I heard the mission bell, and I was thinking to myself, ‘This could be heaven or this could be hell.’  Then she lit a candle and she showed me the way.  There were voices down the corridor, I thought I heard them say, ‘Welcome to the __ __.  Such a lovely place, such a lovely face.  Plenty of room at the __ __, any time of year, you can find it here…”  Hint:  Title is the name of a place.  This is too easy for hints (555).

This morning before we set out to do errands, we drove next door to the new coffee shop.  When we walked in, the barista was talking to ‘Give’ (the owner) on a video call.  Give was driving and we said hello just as her sister (the barista) hung up.  She called back and gave the phone to Lisa and we learned more about our new neighbors.  The family is based in Bangkok, but the mother and sister live here.  They will run the coffee shop, which has a name I can’t tell you because it has a Thai pronunciation, but means ‘breakfast’ in Northern Thai.  We didn’t have coffee, but maybe tomorrow.  The place has a modern vibe inside and it will be a treat to hang out.  

Our phone ‘bills’ come in the form of a text message.  Lisa’s was due so we stopped at a 7-11 to pay it.  It took a long time for the clerks to get things to work, but finally the transaction was completed.  My bill isn’t due for a few days but Lisa urged me to go ahead, since they seemed to have figured it out.  Well, it took another piece of time before they were ready for my money.  The phones are ‘topped up’ and we’re ready for another month of cellular bliss (555).  The nice thing about our arrangement is that if WiFi is weak, we can turn on our phone hot-spot and get the benefit of the 4G network, which is usually very fast.  

We were going to do a few more things but I was feeling the aftermath of the trip.  Driving through the storms took more energy than I realized.  

Today’s photo was taken in Palo Alto a few summers ago.  Hmm.


Now that Nitchanan is back in school, Natcha is going full steam ahead with her cookie business.  The house smelled so good today.  The aroma of chocolate chip and coconut cookies were enough to drive one mad.  The coffee shop she delivered to on Monday was sold out before the day was over.  

Feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny 

“Funny thing is that the poorer 
people are, the more generous they
seem to be.”
~Dolly Parton

No comments: