Thursday, May 9, 2019

Credit


Hi,

Another monster day in Chiang Rai.  Temps over 100°, air still unhealthy, and no rain in sight.  One forecast says maybe Tuesday.  That’s not helping at all (555).

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song is another tune about infringement on personal space.  “The telephone is ringing I say, ‘Hi, it’s me.  Who is it there on the line?’  A voice says, ‘Hi, hello, how are you?’  Well, I guess I’m doin’ fine.  He says, ‘It’s three a.m. there’s too much noise, don’t you people ever wanna go to bed?  Just ‘cause you feel so good, do you have to drive me out of my head?’  I said, ‘Hey! You! __ __ __ __ __ …. Don’t hang around ‘cause, two’s a crowd…”
Clue:  Something that floats in the sky is involved.

This morning we went out into the world, armed with our masks.  Our first stop was Dr. View, one of Daku’s vets.  She is one of two doctors that we go to and I think he likes her.  She has a special hotspot cream that seems to work most of the time and we needed a refill.  He has some a new ‘issue’ developing and it’s always better to catch these things early.

Makro was right down the road so we stopped in for a few things.  I say that lightly, because one doesn’t just ‘stop in’ at Makro.  First one has to find a place to park, then the stopping in can begin.  In and out in about 10 minutes.  That had to be a record.

After we got home we decided to go next door and see who was working on the coffee shop.  It looked like it might be people other than ‘the workers’.  We met the owner Give", and learned a little bit about the place.  Besides coffee, they will have breakfast, local desserts (whatever that means), and something we didn’t understand.  Her English is limited, but we communicated just fine.  I saw a small child darting around behind the shop so I asked her about children.  She has two, I think a boy 5 and a girl 3.  We told her we have a 3 year old at our house and maybe they can meet.  There was a big inflatable pool on the deck and you know who that was for.  She is going to let us know when they have their opening.  It may take awhile since she wants it to be ‘perfect’.  

Here’s a photo I took today.  Now we need to find out the name of this place. 


The afternoons have been so hot that the air is barely cooling things off, even on the lowest setting.  We have been missing the pool and after the weekend of cooling off in the hotel pool, Lisa decided we should go in with our masks on and just relax.  There is a reflex that says, ‘you’re in the water, you should swim’.  We both got the bottoms of our masks wet but it didn’t effect the filter part.  We waved our arms, walked around and then got bored so we got out.  It still felt good and hours later, I feel like I went for a swim, so there must have been some benefit.  The water was ‘refreshing’, not hot like we thought.  I can see this being a regular thing.

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                     Peace,
                               Danny

“It is amazing what you can
accomplish if you don’t care
who gets the credit.”
~Harry S. Truman

No comments: