Thursday, February 7, 2019

Things


Hi,

A very cool evening turned into a very hot day.  By the afternoon there was smoke to be seen and windows to be closed.  Could this be the start of the ‘Smokey Season’?

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song has a few friends out there.  The artist was once in a gang and then flew with eagles.
“My Maserati does one-eighty-five, I lost my license, now I don’t drive.  I have a limo, ride in the back.  I lock the doors in case I’m attacked.  I make hit records, my fans they can’t wait.  They write me letters, tell me I’m great.  So I got me an office, gold records on the wall.  Just leave a message, maybe I’ll call.  Lucky I’m sane after all I’ve been through (Everybody say I’m cool) (He’s cool).  I can’t complain, but sometimes I still do.  __ __ __ to me so far.”  Clue:  Title is a take on the stereotype of rock stars once upon a time.

This morning we went to Chivit Tamma Da for coffee.  Sitting by the river was very peaceful.  Too bad we had things to do.  We acted like adults and decided to move on.  Not far up the highway was Browney’s Pet World.  Daku had given us a list of things to get (555).  He has a toy that he just loves, to the point where we have to replace it every month or so.  It looks like a red and purple hedgehog and we call it ‘Hog’.  It’s the after dinner toy Daku brings to play tug-of-war.  As a result, they don’t last long.  At the check stand at Browney’s, there’s always something interesting.  Today it was doggie costumes for Chinese New Year.  Below are a couple of examples.



From the northern part of Chiang Rai, our next destination took us to the southern part.  HomePro is very much like a Home Depot type store.  It’s possible to get ‘lost’ in there, with so many things to see that you didn’t know you needed.  We went with an agenda and focus, it’s the only way.  When we exited the store, a security guard came to the van and loaded everything into the back.  He even tied a bag so things wouldn’t fall out.  He got a tip for his help.

The New Year ‘break’ is over and Nitchanan went back to school and things returned to normal.  We heard her little voice when she got home and expected a visit at some point.  She came to the door and stood there, waiting for an invitation.  When she came in she didn’t say anything.  I noticed her pink purse and Lisa commented on it.  That broke the ice and a minute later she was dumping pencils on the bed, preparing to draw.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“Things do not happen.  Things
are made to happen.”
~John F. Kennedy

No comments: