Friday, February 22, 2019

Plan

Hi,

We had a carbon copy of yesterday’s weather.  The lack of air ‘quality’ is becoming the topic of more conversation.  As more voices are raised, maybe there can be change.  

This week’s ‘Zany Day’ song has friends.  I know it’s a ‘stumper’, but it’s such a cool, zany tune I just had to use it.
“Some people have everything, and other people don’t.  But everything don’t mean a thing if it ain’t the thing you want.  __ __!  __ __!”  Clue:  'Say what’s on your mind’ is the general theme.

This was the first morning without Natcha.  Daku was as confused as we were.  Lisa fixed breakfast as usual, but the dishes were still there after we were done.  Daku was waiting for his visit with Natcha and that didn’t happen.  It went like that all day.  Many ‘little things’ are different in our routine with Natcha and Nitchanan away.  It’s only a week.

Our morning outside the walls began at Chivit Tamma Da.  I switched up today and ordered green tea.  It was pretty good, not the dense taste of coffee, but better for me.  Not that I’m quitting coffee, but I thought it might be a good idea since I had a blood test coming in the afternoon.  Lisa ordered coffee and it was a disaster.  They just changed coffee from Doi Chaang to some new brand and it failed.  They shoulda known.  We had a Skype call with Joe and that made it a special morning.  He’s doing great, planning his 95th B’day party for this summer.

Today’s photo was taken at Chivit Tamma Da.  It’s a picture of tranquility.  No one was there because the morning sun was getting hot.  Still, I’d like to try it on a cloudy day.


This afternoon was spent at Overbrook Hospital.  I had a 2pm appointment to take another blood test to see if changes in diet had helped with my red blood cell count.  Things were better but I still need to do the red meat thing a little longer.  I’m not doing it on a regular basis, it’s just too heavy on many levels.  We didn’t get out of the place ’til around 4pm.  What a way to spend an afternoon.  

Tomorrow morning we’re meeting Cat at The Wanderer for breakfast (for her) and coffee and roti (for us).  She found out today that she will be traveling to Melbourne, Australia in May as part of a delegation from The Freedom Story.  It’s a big fund-raising event and she’s a significant part of the back-story.  Needless to say, she’s quite thrilled about it.

It occurred to me last weekend, that we hadn’t had the loud, live music for a few weeks.  That is a pleasant development.  I love live music, but not in my neighborhood from blocks away.  Now I sound like a cranky old man, but you should have heard it.  Hmm, life comes full circle?

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“It takes as much energy
to wish as it does to plan.”
~Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: