Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Knowing

Hi,

We had another one of those dreary morning, sunny afternoon days.  The morning was cool, the afternoon hot.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Summer Breeze” by Seals & Crofts.  Time for another ‘Zany Day’ song.  “Now you say you ain’t never met my wife, you ain’t never seen her befo’.  Say you ain’t been hangin’ ‘roun’ my crib, well here’s somthin’ I wanna know.  I wanna know what in the worl’ is goin’ down, __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __?”  Hint:  There is suspicion surrounding a visitor and a canine.  

A measure of how well we are progressing can be seen in the amount of activity outside the walls of The Big Brown House.  This morning we went to The Wanderer for hot drinks and roti, then went to the mall for lunch and light shopping.  I took a few minutes to check out our newly remodeled Apple store.  It looks very nice, too bad they weren’t giving anything away (555).  There is a very big flower display built around the signature image of one of the women artists from ArtBridge.  It’s a great promotion for the annual flower show and for Khun Aim, the artist.

In the course of all this physical drama, I’ve lost a few pounds.  Natcha is now making me the banana shakes I used to drink during the ‘bad tummy’ days.  I forgot how much I like them.  At two a day, I should be back to my boxing weight in no time (55).  

In neighborhood news, they poured the concrete floor at the coffee shop next door.  We figure they will be done by the time we return in January.  On the big lot across the road, more dirt has been added.  I’m thinking that maybe they put in different densities of dirt, or dirt that would grow things in certain areas.  The red dirt that is so widely used is not very root-friendly over time.  It’s clay and it turns to rock.  Some trees and plants can work through it, others just give up.  We wish we had known this.  It might have cost more to get good dirt, but things like healthy plants are important.

There is a bridge near us that took a long time to complete.  It’s a very nice little bridge that’s been done for a couple of years, I call it "Bridge to Nowhere.”  What?


Feels Like a Wacky Wednesday.

                        Peace,
                                  Danny

“Knowing trees, I understand
the meaning of patience.
Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.”
~Hal Borland

No comments: