Thursday, December 6, 2018

Cowardice

Hi,

This morning began with a little fog that quickly burned off and left us with a beautiful day.  We didn’t see much of it.  

Well, a bunch of you know the ‘Zany Day’ song.  This tune is performed by a singer whose career covered many styles and genres of music.  A legend in his own time, still an influence on artists today.  You know who he is.
“Now baby, listen baby, don’t you treat me this way, ‘cause I’ll be back on my feet some day.  Don’t care if you do, ‘cause it’s understood, you ain’t got no money, you just ain’t no good.  Well, I guess if you say so, I’ll have to pack my things and go (that’s right).  __ __ __ __ and don’t you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.  __ __ __ __ and don’t you come back no more.  What’d you say?”  Clue:  Title is a term used when someone is told to move on.

So, did I tell you that I’m tired of hurting?  Well, I am.  Spent most of the day on the bed with an ice-pack under my back.  There was some sleeping, some Star Trek, and a little tennis.  Three highlights of my day were: the washing of the hair, the home-made cookies that Natcha whipped up, and a firm date to go to Chiang Mai to see our chiropractor.  It was a good day after all.

Tomorrow we go back to Overbrook Hospital to find out if Lisa’s cast will be removed.  Obviously, we’re hoping it comes off.  There will be dancing in the halls of The Big Brown House.  

Cat came over for a visit while we had lunch.  She is very busy these days.  A group of students from Singapore is coming to her university tonight.  Cat will co-MC the initial welcoming assembly at her school tomorrow morning and introduce the key participants, including the university president.  Then a big group will travel to Chiang Mai to do a joint building project for two weeks. When that project ends it will be time for final exams.  In January she will go to Indonesia to teach at a school in a village for one month.  She will leave while we’re in the States and return in February.  They do grow up.

Not long after we moved downstairs to the guest room, I walked in and glanced at Daku’s bed and it looked like the aftermath of a wild feast.  On closer inspection I realized it was just one of his bones and his meditation animals.  Whew.


I’ll close with a little kid story.  Nitchanan was down in our room and Lisa gave her the plate that some cookies were on.  As she turned the corner to go down the hall, she showed me the plate, said something in Thai, licked the plate with a big grin on her face, then laughed.  

Have a Thrilling Thursday.

                            Peace,
                                      Danny

“To see the right and not to 
do it is cowardice.”
~Confucius

No comments: