Tuesday, June 26, 2018

People

Hi,

The rain that showed up last night never left.  When we woke up, there was a steady light rain that persisted off and on all day.  Bangkok has flooding.

So, nobody got the song other than Lisa, who gets almost all of them.  I’m going to skip down to the last verse.  Standby for the hint.  “I’m taking the time for a number of things that weren’t important yesterday, and still I go.  Ooh ooh ooh ah ah.  I’m __ __ __ where the rain gets in and stops my mind from wandering where it will go, oh.  Where it will go, oh.”  Hint:  When you repair something what are you doing?  Where does a golfer try to put the ball?

We stayed behind the walls today.  The mind wanted to go for coffee and do something, but the body said, “Stay where you are”.  It was one of those ‘blah’ days and typically comes after the long trip across the water.  I think we’ll be fine in a couple of days. 

During our plane travel we heard many announcements by people whose first language was not English.  As a result, a few things were either learned wrong, or never corrected.  ‘We are now randing at…’, and it took me a few to figure out that she meant ‘landing’.  There were times when words were left out, and times when the sounds made it clear that English was a low priority in the training.  I find this all interesting because so many passengers are English speaking and all of the Captains spoke with very clear English.  I’m done (555).

This afternoon we spent some time with Neechanon after dinner.  She is a little more assertive in her mischief making since her return.  There were a few times when the look in her eye was ‘I’m about to do this and you should try and stop me’.  At one point, she decided she wanted to go swimming.  She made a move for the pool, and finally took my hand so she could feel the water.  I thought it was to put a foot in, but when she tried to swing the other foot into the pool, I stopped her.  She then headed for the room where we keep all the pool toys and tried to open the door.  I opened it, and that may have been a mistake.  She started pulling out all the toys she likes, and was seriously planning a swim.  There I was, trying to reason with a 2 year old with arms full of toys, and fend off Chopper, who was eyeing the inflatable dolphin.  I finally called Lisa and she came to the rescue.  The pool was not forgotten and Neechanon had a little meltdown that only a mom can soothe.  

Ready to hit the pool.


Have a Happy Tuesday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Don’t let other people 
tell you who you are.”
~Unknown

No comments: