Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Hands

Hi,

The daytime temperatures in Culver City and surrounding areas seem to be rising.  They say the nights are also warming but I’m still not buying it.  

The ‘Easy Monday’ song is really easy.  The second ‘holiday’ must have been the reason some of you didn’t respond (555).  I did get a few correct answers.  Maybe this will help:  “I just can’t get over losing you, and so if I seem broken and blue.  __ __ __, __ __ __.  Foolish pride, that’s all that I have left so let me hide the tears and the sadness you gave me when you said goodbye.  __ __ __, __ __ __, __ __ __.”  Hint:  The singer of this song said a little prayer, asked for directions, and vowed to never fall in love again.  

I basically spent the whole day at ‘home’.  It was ‘Rose Day’.  We started with the parade in the morning, and I watched the Rose Bowl football game in the afternoon.  I didn’t realize that U.S.C. was playing until they announced it during the parade.  I’ve been a big fan since I can remember.  By the time it was over, the day was gone.  

A few days ago I was all excited about the government deciding to put a stop to the burning.  More information was published and apparently it applies to forest areas.  The fastest way to illegally clear a plot of land for planting is to set it on fire.  This happens in the forests and jungle areas.  This basically means that the local burning will probably continue.  Oh well.

Lisa and Anna went shopping yesterday and she told me about a couple of places we have to visit.  I haven’t seen the Playa Vista development, so that will be on the list of things to do in our ‘spare time’.  We do a lot of running while we’re here, but we’re slowly taking time for ourselves.  It seems really important lately.  

Today’s photo was taken Sunday night while we were with the Valley Cousins.  The ‘Fruit Basket’ is mostly fruit, but there were also brownies thrown in for good measure.  It’s a very creative presentation.


There are 9 days remaining on this ‘Winter Visit’.  This is our 19th trip since we moved to Thailand.  Each trip involves 8 airplanes (including the trip to Northern Calif.) and about 10 hours of sitting in airports.  I thought you might like a bit of travel trivia.

Have a Happy Tuesday.

                 Peace,
                           Danny

“As you grow older, you will discover
that you have two hands.  One for helping
yourself, the other for helping others.”
~Audrey Hepburn

No comments: