Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Foolish

Hi,

The weather here in Chiang Mai is warm.  Not a surprise, just interesting that it stayed so warm after the sun set.  
The drive down was the usual grind, but not difficult.  We did stop for pie and it was so good.

The ‘Easy Monday’ song was “Never My Love” by The Association.  The ‘Zany Day’ tune is next.  Dig deep and tell me:
“__ __ __, you make my heart go giddyup, you are as sweet as candy, you’re my sugar dandy…”  Hint:  Yep, you guessed it, totally silly song that was a hit in some circles.  I’d be a sucker if I gave you the obvious clue (555).

Because of the rain that happened while we were gone, the countryside is lush and green.  We stopped at Central Fiesta Mall for lunch.  The first thing I noticed was the number of two-wheeled monsters in the ’Super Bike’ parking area.  So, it’s not just high-end cars rolling around Chiang Mai.  

On the ninth floor, facing the Night Bazaar street, we can hear a band playing somewhere out there.  Oh joy.  It’s just an overnight stay.  That’s what I keep telling myself.  You’re tired enough that you won’t hear it.  Hmm, we’ll see.  In the evenings, the hotel has a trio of musicians set up on the front steps and they play to the passing parade of tourists.  Some of them are quite good.

Today’s photo was taken from the air, just after we left Bangkok, heading for Chiang Rai.  The collection of farms give the effect of a giant stained glass window.


Tomorrow we go to the U.S. Consulate for verification of our Social Security.  Then we’ll load up the art and head back to Chiang Rai. 

It feels like a Wacky Wednesday.

                   Peace,
                             Danny

“Talk sense to a fool
and he calls you foolish.”
~Euripides

No comments: